Job title :
REHABILITATION SERVICES CLERKS
KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Kelowna General Hospital is looking for Casual Rehabilitation Services Clerks. Apply today!
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future casual vacancies. A qualified group of candidates will be identified. Once established, the qualified pool will be valid for a period of one year.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
- Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the work of the Rehabilitation Program, such as:
Hours of work:
- Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
- Obtains medical information required from patients and completes a variety of standard forms
- Reception duties - answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, distributes incoming and out-going mail;
- Posts billing information, receives and records payments, issues change and receipts, and prepares/submits cost estimates for various paying agencies;
- Data entry functions for a variety of clinical registries and databases;
- Maintains timekeeping records for staff and submits to payroll;
- Types technical and non-technical material such as correspondence, reports, letters, pamphlets, posters, manuals, memos from handwritten drafts or dictating machines;
- Record management duties related to clinical activities;
- Requisitions, receives and stores stationery and supplies;
- Arranges meetings - books meeting rooms, types and distributes agendas, transcribes minutes and notes of meetings and disseminates;
- Composes and signs general correspondence such as appointment confirmations, information requests and form letters. Distributes correspondence as required.
Monday to Friday - 07:30 to 15:30, 07:30 to 12:15, 07:45 to 15:45, 11:45 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:00, 07:15 to 15:15, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:00 to 15:30, 08:30 to 12:30, 08:00 to 12:45
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. However, once hired with Interior Health, you will have opportunity to apply to relief and permanent positions.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a typing test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit your High School Diploma, a Typing Test (minimum 45 wpm within the past 24 months) from a recognized institution and proof of completion of Medical Terminology Course. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**