Assistant Building Manager for Kelson Group Property Management - 2 Locations
If you are looking to advance your career with a progressive company that offers flexibility, excellent benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth, join our Kelson Group team in Edmonton!
Kelson Group is a growing property management company with operations in British Columbia and Alberta and everything we do is centered around helping our residents live better. As a full time Assistant Building Manager, you have a passion for service, excellence, and for providing support to our building manager and other key staff.
REPORTS TO: BUILDING MANAGER
OVERVIEW: The Assistant Building Manager is the company's sales representative and administrative support for the Building Manager whose primary duties are to answer calls from prospective residents, to present professionally the features and benefits of the Edmonton communities, properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons, dealing with residents' requests and support the Building Manager. An Assistant Building Manager is very service oriented and strives to make prospective and current residents feel welcome and comfortable in their community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Inspects "market ready" vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a prospect call or resident.
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining lead management tracking software as required.
- Greets prospective residents, qualifies, determines needs and preferences, and professionally presents community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits.
- Notify marketing department to reflect current market pricing/availability on a weekly basis.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the property manager for marketing communities.
- Responsible to maintain a market survey and to visit neighboring properties in order to gain an awareness of the competitive landscape.
- Occasionally will be asked to perform external market outreach at nearby businesses, organizations, etc.
- Completes lease applications, assists with application verification & notifies prospective residents of results.
- Completes lease paperwork and accepts deposits.
- Completes Pre-Qualification form on all prospects and performs follow-ups.
- Completes all tracking and logs as required.
- Completes required entry into Kelson Suites and Google Docs
- Physically inspects community when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Building Manager.
Position requires excellent customer service with leasing and closing skills, computer skills, organized and must have their own vehicle. Employees will be required to work a flexible workweek including some evenings & weekends.
- Personal transportation to travel to apartment communities as needed.
- Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance
- Employer paid medical and dental coverage
- Matching RRSP plan
- Continuing educational opportunities (conferences, workshops, online courses)
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and performance
Please send your cover letter and resume before October 18th, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time