MUST HAVE A SECURITY CLEARANCE OF RELIABILITY
Green PI Inc is presently looking for three (3) Level 2 Geomatics Specialists for its client Department of National Defence (DND) to provide transferring of existing utility data from GIS, AutoCAD (Plain or Civil 3D), electronic or hard copy format into a standardized spatial format. This is a contract opportunity That will last nine (9) months.
- Security Clearance of Reliability approved by CSP of PWGSC (REQUIRED).
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the last 7 years as a Geomatics Specialist.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the last 5 years working with ArcGIS desktop software to create, edit and convert land infrastructure or utilities data into an ESRI enterprise or file-based geodatabase environment.
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in the last 3 years working in a multi-disciplinary engineering and/or technical environment.
- Must have minimum 1 year of experience in the last 3 years using AutoCAD or AutoCAD Map or AutoCAD Civil 3D to create, edit and convert land infrastructure or utilities data.
Experience With Following Programs
- Security Clearance of Reliability
- Bachelors degree or Diploma that has been done in Canada, or a program that has been approved by the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICICI)
About our Company:
Green PI Inc is a growing company with a strong vision and firm financial backing. Registered in Ontario Canada in 2007, believes in ever-improving quality in engineering consulting and software systems development. We have recently been awarded the Innovation Award by “Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada”. Based in Mississauga Ontario, we have helped many organizations with their design engineering and software consulting needs.
Services must be provided primarily (80%) on-site at ADM(IE) offices at Carling Campus. Located at:
60 Moodie Dr,
At the discretion of DND, Some required services may be delivered remotely, and the contractor may be equipped to remotely connect to the Defence Wide Area Network (DWAN) as well as DND’s implementation of Microsoft Azure.
The Assistant Deputy Minister (Infrastructure and Environment) [ADM(IE)], requires three Geomatics Specialists at Level 2, to transform existing utility data from GIS, AutoCAD (Plain or Civil 3D), electronic or hard copy format into a standardized spatial format.
Civil infrastructure and utility information gathered from DND sites, will need to be transformed into standardized spatial data, in accordance with the following standards:
- Utilities Schema: consists of a standard list of attributes that are to be captured for each utility system component, and includes inventory, operation and maintenance, context and assessment data.
- Identification and Segmentation Rules: provides the standard naming and segmentation conventions for linear infrastructure.
- ADM(IE) Geospatial Data Specification: describes spatial format and topological rules.
The goal of this project is to produce standardized civil engineering and utility spatial data that is ready for upload to the Real Property Data Warehouse (RPSDW). This project requires the knowledge of seasoned geospatial technologists with experience in municipal infrastructure projects and/or linear asset management using ESRI and Autodesk suite of software such as ArcGIS and Civil 3D.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
The tasks for the Geomatics Specialists will include, but are not limited to:
- Create, edit and fulfill the mapping requests using a wide variety of tools including ArcMap, AutoCAD Map, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and FME.
- Create, edit, and geo-reference water, wastewater, stormwater, electrical, district heating and cooling related data and update base mapping layers from engineering drawings (digital and manual) using ArcGIS and other custom GIS software tools.
- Manipulate and translate CAD-based information to GIS using data extraction techniques from AutoCAD and Civil 3D entities.
- Interpret and digitize engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, redlines, and inspector’s notes for accurate representation in GIS, and populate related data and attributes into the spatial/attribute database.
- Perform sync and link among various databases.
- Create and update metadata.
- Coordinate with ADM(IE) staff to obtain missing data, if available, and to verify any discrepancies in the data provided, as required.
- Support ADM(IE) staff to maintain procedures, standards, develop specifications and project documentation, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to the tasks outlined above, the contracted resources will be required to:
- Weekly progress reports (submitted at the end of each week).
- Monthly timesheets indicating hours worked on each activity (at the end of each month).
Please provide salary expectations or an hourly rate along with an updated resume.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 9 months
- Geomatics Specialist: 5 years (required)
- ArcGIS: 3 years (required)
- Multi-disciplinary engineering and/or technical Environment: 1 year (required)
- AutoCAD/AutoCAD Maps/AutoCAD Civil 3D: 1 year (required)
- GIS Product Suites: 1 year (required)
- Security Clearance of Reliability by CSP (required)
Application deadline: 2022-07-14