Under the direction of the Manager Quality Assurance, the Quality Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the Quality Assurance Operations Department staff.
The Quality Operations Supervisor is accountable for all reviews and releases of job orders; production quality gates, initiation, investigation and review of item-related non-conformance reports and actioning of Change control assigned tasks.
The Quality Operations Supervisor must act as a Quality Consultant to Production Operations, being a key point of contact between all departments to promote fitness of the systems and processes employed in their area of responsibility, providing technical oversight and serve as escalation point where support and intervention is required within the company, to generate reliable, accurate and complete data.
The Quality Operations Supervisor is expected to possess or obtain sufficient knowledge to provide input or approval of proposed changes to GMP systems during which will interface closely with other cross-functional groups such as Manufacturing, Packaging, Maintenance, Product and Process Development and Warehousing.
The Quality Operations Supervisor must have an understanding the Quality requirements as outlined by Regulatory Authorities and applying that understanding to the execution of their responsibilities.
· Must be proficient with PC programs, i.e., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Problem solving and statistical skills using quality tools (Pareto analysis, statistical process control, etc.).
· Working knowledge of Health Canada regulatory and GXP compliance requirements
· Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
· Strong analytical skills: able to use data, communicate key trends, develop and execute continuous improvement plans.
· Strong organizational skills: ability to work with cross-functional groups to implement improvements
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment, take initiative, and have a flexible approach with respect to work assignments and new learning.
· Ability to lead groups, demonstrate and foster teamwork in a project setting.
· Demonstrate ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrate a client focused approach to work.
· Demonstrate ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
· Minimum 5-year work experience in the Food, Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Industry.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a GMP regulated environment and in a quality assurance or manufacturing function.
· Minimum 2 years hands on experience working experience in production environment.
· Educated to a degree level (technology, science, pharmacy, or other health related discipline) e.g., B.Sc. or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Accredited GMP certification is an advantage.
· Manual dexterity
· Prolonged sitting and walking
· Working on a computer
To apply for this posting, please apply here: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/VIT5000VITH/JobBoard/c331edde-41fd-44ca-a09a-edc53cee1e4a/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=f2fbe6ee-16b1-48a3-b0b5-919e3bd2ca39
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $30.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- You need to submit your application on our website listed in the job description to be considered for this role, have you done so?
Work Location: One location