PATRIA is currently hiring a SENIOR SOUS CHEF to join our Culinary team!
PATRIA is an authentic Spanish tapas eatery on King Street West. Listed as one of the Top 10 Best Restaurants by Toronto Life, our carefully crafted extensive menu features dishes such as delicately prepared crispy jamon croquettes and traditional paellas. Seafood is a staple of Spanish cuisine, and PATRIA showcases an ever-changing selection of only the freshest fish, octopus and shrimp, sourced daily. PATRIA is part of the ICONINK portfolio, a full-service international hospitality and lifestyle brand, which takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture.
The SENIOR SOUS CHEF will be responsible for overseeing all kitchen operations through monitoring food preparation, presentation and delivery over the course of the day, and ultimately carrying out the mandates and program as led by the Chef de Cuisine. This position is fast-paced and requires flexibility to adapt to last minute business needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure the efficient operation of food production areas in the kitchen, constantly analyze quality of food production and preparation in accordance to company recipes
- Assure on-going training to the high standards set by the Chef de Cuisine
- Monitor working hours and fill out report of overtime for payroll purposes
- Inspect deliveries, ensuring quality is to satisfaction
- Control and maintain all equipment distributed to the cooks that need to be cleaned and sanitized after each service
- Taste all foods on a daily basis and make necessary changes
- Understand and abide by the Health & Safety standards
- Report any incidents, accidents, issues to Chef de Cuisine, and ensure it is recorded in employee records
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Culinary Arts diploma or degree is strongly encouraged
- 3 + years’ experience in a similar role is required
- Red Seal certification is an asset
- Food Safe certification is an asset
- Positive outlook and inherent coach
- Ability to troubleshoot when service issues arise
- Long periods of standing and walking is required
- Repetitive use of hands, dexterity, bending down
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Competitive wages
- Medical/dental group benefits
- Discounts at all ICONINK restaurants
- Corporate Goodlife Fitness rates
- Awesome perks
- A fun team and culture
- Training, development and education reimbursement
- Professional growth opportunities
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Are you legal to work in Canada and do you have a valid SIN?
- Do you live in the Toronto area?