Child/Youth Care Workers Wanted
Group Home setting
Who we hire
We are currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals seeking employment working with Children and Youth in a Group Home Setting.
We are looking for those who have experience/knowledge assisting youth in therapeutic residential programs. CYW's will work one to one to support our youth in; attending court, academic/day programming, home visits, and in the home with day to day functions.
We see Child and Youth Workers that have a strong ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment that are willing to make long term commitments to the youth we serve as our best candidates.
CYW REQUIRED SKILLS
- Experience dealing with children and youth who have special needs and behaviour difficulties ages 6-18 years is preferred as well as the ability to assess, interpret and record behaviour in a meaningful way.
- The ability to build trusting relationships with children and participate in a professional treatment team approach is required.
- Candidates must possess effective social skills to be a positive role model for the youth and have a strong level of familiarity with Child & Youth residential programming and assessment skills along with verbal and written communication skills, particularly with recordings and reports.
- We recognize the importance of having our staff culturally reflective of the clients we serve and providing equity within services. Therefore we are requesting candidates to be able to demonstrate concepts of power, privilege, and social location to the specific forms of oppression (such as LGBTTIQQ2SA, disability, race/culture, gender, religion and socio-economic status).
- Must have the ability to relate to Indigenous youth and have an understanding of the various issues that impact this population.
What are our employees saying:
"Great place to work
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) – Huntsville, ON
_I’ve had a great experience working with Connor Homes. They give high risk youth an amazing opportunity to grow up in a home-like atmosphere. There is nothing more rewarding then watching these youth grow and succeed and knowing that you were apart of this success.
Pros: Co-workers are excellent Great management in my area Very rewarding job Great kids"_
Education and Background
Completed or working towards one of the following:
Child and Youth Worker, CYW, Developmental Service Worker, DSW, Social Service Worker, SSW, Police Foundations, Law and Security, Community Justice Worker, Youth Outreach Worker, Addictions Worker, Addictions Councillor, Residential treatment, Mental Health, Corrections, MSW, Masters of Social Work, CYC, Child youth councillor, PSW, Personal support Worker, Children Services, ABS, Autism Behavioural Science, BSW, Bachelor of Social Work, EA, Educational Assistant, Behavioural Specialist, Recreation and Leisure, Special Needs Support, ECE, Early Childhood Educator, Child Therapist, Child Welfare Worker, Outreach Worker, Psychology, Indigenous Community and Social Development.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- CYW or related: 1 year (Required)
- DCS / DEC (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)