Gusto Worldwide Media is Canada’s leading independent Film/TV production and distribution company specializing in food, culinary and lifestyle content for television and online distribution. We have an immediate opportunity for an accounting & finance rockstar to join the exceptionally talented and motivated team at our Ottawa HQ.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Comptroller & Finance Manger is responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records including ledgers, cash flow projections, budgets, bank statements, reconciliations, and tax filings. In addition, the Accounting Manager helps direct the accounting team and external accounting professionals, with a focus on audits and tax credit filings.
If you enjoy a fast-paced, challenging work environment and relish the opportunity to support the rapid growth of Gusto Worldwide Media and its numerous production subsidiary companies, we want to hear from you!
- Report to and work directly with the Director of Finance, to manage the bookkeeping function, improve financial systems and efficiencies and support the overall financial plans and accounting practices of the Company
- Maintain internal controls, ensuring appropriate business policies and procedures relating to accounting practices are in place across all departments
- Manage parent/subsidiary corporate structure(s) including preparation of books of account and year-end reporting and filings for individual subsidiary production companies, including “roll up” and internal cost allocation/cross charging
- Reconcile accounts in order to prepare and analyze precise, timely, and accurate financial reports that meet the needs of senior management and external stakeholders
- Oversee and maintain payroll for all employees, including calculation of salaries and deductions, related forms (e.g. Record of Employment, T4s) and set up and management of all necessary employee records
- Prepare, enter data and systematically maintain accounting records, supplier accounts, budgets, tax credits, cash flow, cost reports and purchase orders. Post and verify allocation of all accounting entries in the financial database. Prepare journal summaries
- Issue, code and authorize invoices, credit card statements, payments, and receipts
- Liaise with external auditors, CRA auditors, and accountants for a variety of tasks including external audits and tax returns, draft financial statements, tax credit applications & filings
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory and reporting requirements
- 5+ years of direct experience in a similar role, with a strong background in finance, accounting, and preparation of financial statements
- CPA designation, or nearing completion, is an asset
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple demands on your time and still meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a natural ability to interact effectively with staff and external contacts
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and proactive approach
- Media production experience and experience with tax credit administration are strong assets
This role is based at our headquarters in Ottawa and is a full-time staff position with a competitive compensation package including health, dental and vision benefits.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)