As a LambdaGain Production Technician:
- You will report directly to the production manager
- You will be given daily and/or weekly objectives for output within a defined timeframe
- You will be responsible for assembly, configuration and testing of the various products within the LambdaGain portfolio including but not limited to pluggable transceivers such as SFPs, XFP and passive optical modules such as WDM multiplexers and splitters.
Responsibilities and Duties
- DOA filtering, In Process Testing, Quality Assurance:
Inspection to ensure that productions meets physical, optical and electrical specifications
- Manufacturing and/or Product Customisation:
Assembly of discrete optical components, labelling and packaging, Read/Write EEPROM
- Recording Data in ERP:
Real time recording of equipment test results and production stage status
Job Type / Category
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Test electronics units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance.
- Read schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling optical modules, applying knowledge of optics theory and components.
- Assemble and test, passive optical modules, according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, or knowledge of optics, using hand or tools.
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Record inspection or test data, such as optical power levels, diagnostics, product identifiers.
- Adjust or replace defective or improperly functioning equipment, using hand tools.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with internal stakeholders as necessary.
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Perform preventative maintenance or calibration of equipment or systems.
- Maintain system logs or manuals to document testing or operation of equipment.
- Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Most tasks involve:
- Handling ESD sensitive equipment, optical fibre, lasers, transceivers, WDM modules, couplers
- Operating optical test and measurement equipment such as power meters, wavelength meters, camera scopes, optical spectrum analysers, telecommunication equipment such as switches, BERT, traffic analysers.
- Working with Oracle ERP system and Microsoft Office tools
Qualifications and Skills
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be organized, timely and comfortable working in a team environment.
- CEGEP DEC/CED or equivalent
- Experience in high tech manufacturing
- Fibre optic knowledge preferable
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Familiarity with Oracle ERP manufacturing environment
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French
We offer a competitive salary along with attractive benefits, such a medical and dental insurance and a great working environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Production: 1 year (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)
- Montréal, QC (Required)
- French (Required)