Highland Foundry Ltd. (HFL) is a world-class manufacturer of steel and stainless-steel castings for heavy industrial use. As a globally recognized leader in the foundry industry, HFL serves a diverse market including the ever-developing Energy Sector, ranging from Oil & Gas to Nuclear Power applications. With continued expansion, the company is now offering a significant career opportunity.
Available is a challenging, exciting, permanent and full-time position offering great potential for growth and advancement at the Surrey, BC location.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor or Technologists degree in Metallurgical, Materials, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- or equivalent experience with technical background and general manufacturing knowledge
- ability to read engineering drawings
- proficient in oral and written technical communication
- metallurgical knowledge of steel, iron and non-ferrous material characteristics
- basic knowledge of metal casting principles - chemistry, foundry practices, solidification characteristics, and heat treat methodology
- destructive and non-destructive testing methods and results interpretation
- basic machining principles
- solid chemistry, math and computer skills
- effective interpersonal and relationship building capability
- strong analytical and organizational skills
- using a well-developed template, perform cost estimates for casting production
- evaluate incoming request for quotes and send to appropriate subcontractors if applicable
- monitor status from inquiry through delivery to ensure reliability of product and service
- build business by successfully managing a multitude of projects
- accurately communicate technical and commercial information with suppliers and customers
- develop strong working relationship with customers, suppliers and colleagues
Along with growth and advancement opportunities, HFL offers a very competitive remuneration package including benefits, pension and profit share. Starting salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Full-time