CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Analyst, Fund Accounting, performs all necessary accounting functions on a daily basis for the largest or most complex funds to arrive at a correct Net Asset Value (NAV) for assigned mutual funds and provide related reporting. May also perform a validation function to ensure that daily NAVs of the team’s assigned mutual/pooled funds are calculated in a timely and accurate manner and that reports presenting financial information are accurate and delivered within established time frames.
- Calculates the daily net asset value for assigned funds assigned to them (typically the most complex in nature, or for the most complex or strategic clients)
- Prepares financial statements, audit and year end valuation packages, financial reports, fund distributions and preparation of T3 income distribution factors with varying time lines.
- Reviews and reconciles daily transactions of assigned mutual funds - analyzes daily cash flow activities, reconciles assets and cash balances, maintains a balanced cash account. Researches discrepancies; investigates special or questionable transactions, i.e., trade corrections, corporate actions; liaise with clients and their representatives, as well as, internal staff concerning issues affecting the valuation of funds
- Inputs all capital stock transactions and ensures capital stock is balanced. Input manual entries that affect a fund, such as, fee payments. Accounts for all cash deposits, interest, and dividend payments.
- Performs additional audit checks to support the calculation of net asset values; analyzes the increase or decrease of the net asset value of a fund
- Reports the daily net asset value of funds to clients, their representatives, and newspapers, according to instructions
- Contributes to the preparation and review of interim and year end distribution calculations
- Ensures client inquiries are responded to on a timely and thorough basis
- Contributes to documentation of departmental policies and procedures, and conducts regular audits to ensure staff are following them
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- Completed post-secondary education
- A minimum of 2 years progressive experience in Fund Accounting
- Canadian Securities Course
- Advanced knowledge of office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Excel)
- Advanced knowledge of InvestOne
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better