Who you are
You get satisfaction from working with your hands, you are always the first to say yes and get involved, and you love working in a team environment to achieve a common goal.
Who we are
Our team at The Great Canadian Landscaping Company creates and maintains exceptional outdoor living spaces that allows our clients the time to connect and grow personally and with their community.
What you will do
You are responsible for assisting in the construction and installation of amazing landscape projects and performing duties as assigned to help meet, or exceed, the goals set out for your crew.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Landscape Construction and Carpentry Foreman with the execution of landscape construction and carpentry projects
- Assist with managing safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
- Assist in the preparation of job sites prior to the beginning of a project
- Read and interpret, drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Assist with the installation of Residential and Commercial Landscape Construction projects with tasks that include: Custom Decks, pergolas & fences, Outdoor Living Spaces, Outdoor Kitchens, Paving Stone and Natural Stone Installs, Rock Walls, Retaining Walls, Driveways, & Walkways.
- When required supervise the day to day work activities of a landscape construction crew of 2 to employees
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions when required
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: carpentry related equipment, excavators, skidsteers, track wheelbarrows, cut-off saws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Move and transport materials using skid steers, excavators, track laoders, wheelbarrows, carts, dollies and manual lifting
- Perform other manual duties to clean and maintain carpentry and landscaped environments, shop and equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Complete electronic time sheets for all crew members when required
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and on job sites
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
What will help you succeed
- Red Seal Carpentry or Horticulture Certificate, Certified Landscape Technician or Schooling related to our industry
- Knowledge of the safe operation of hand tools and other construction equipment
- Knowledge of construction & landscaping
What we'll give You
- Competitive wages
- Many great company events
- The opportunity to further your personal development
- A great team environment to help you grow and succeed!
If your values, experience, and goals align with ours, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Want to watch a video on working at The Great Canadian Landscaping Company visit https://youtu.be/FDpRTptQM0(https://youtu.be/FDpRTptQM0).
Come grow with us and build a career!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$30.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time