Camfil is a global leader in clean air solutions. We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead our Production team and to oversee all daily operations of the manufacturing plant through directing personnel in safety, quality, policies, procedures, efficient use of materials and equipment. They will develop processes that maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity.
The SALARY is competitive based on experience and will include, performance bonus, cell phone, health benefits, pension and starting with 3 weeks’ vacation. The operation is day shift only but may include overtime and occasional work Saturdays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and direct day-to-day operations
- Ensure quality production output and on-time shipping
- Execute strategic initiatives with a clear sense of direction and focus
- Drive continuous improvements using Lean Tools such as Six Sigma and Kaizen
- Optimize cost savings for all processes.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Participate in budget planning for operational and capital expenditures
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Staff Management and conducting weekly production meetings
- Chairing Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC)
- Other duties as necessary and assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must have 5-10 years management experience in a production environment and knowledge of business and management principles of budgeting, strategic planning, and resource allocation Must be knowledgeable in safety, quality, productivity, inventory, and stewardship processes. Leadership skills and ability to lead by example. Strong team building, decision making and people management skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Must speak English fluently. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION: Post Secondary education and/or related plant management. JHSC Management representative certificate, Lean Manufacturing certificate.
PREFERRED SKILLS: Analytical skills, excellent problem-solving skills, business analysis and strategic planning. Experience using ERP systems an asset.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: This position manages all employees of the production plant facility and is responsible for their performance management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to production plant environments which may require the use of personal protective equipment.
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY: Camfil Canada Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer and fully committed to abiding by all equal opportunity employment standards. Our employment policies and practices strictly prohibit all forms of discrimination and are solely based on individual merit and our organization’s needs at the time. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- plant management: 8 years (required)
- production management: 10 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-28