KMS Tools & Equipment is an industrial distributor of tools and equipment with 12 locations, an outside sales team covering many major parts of BC and Alberta, plus an active e-commerce website. We sell everything from power tools to compressors, welders, hand tools, woodworking machinery, shop equipment & much more! We are proudly Canadian owned and operated and are looking for highly motivated individuals that are passionate about tools.
We are currently seeking candidates for full time Sales Associate positions at our Kamloops location. Walk-in resumes are also accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Ask for Albert!
- Has a positive, friendly attitude and likes helping people
- Thrives in an engaged, fun workplace
- Has exceptional communication and people skills
- Has a strong ability to prioritize, plan, and multitask
- Works with a high level of attention to detail and organization
- Is able to work independently or as part of a team, and requires minimal supervision
- Has a strong sense of responsibility and is highly motivated to improve processes and procedures
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Has exceptional computer skills including email, web applications, and other software
- Is motivated towards continuous learning and personal development
- Provide outstanding customer service in a helpful, professional manner
- Be well informed of all company promotions and events and communicate them to customers
- Maintain an exceptionally clean, safe, stocked, organized and merchandised store
- Learn and become proficient with our operating systems – and other various tools
- Continually strive to gain applicable knowledge, attend training events and seminars, etc.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Assist with any other areas of the store as necessary including, but not limited to; receiving, shipping, maintenance of inventory accuracy, working special events, etc.
- Work hard to “get it done” and have fun doing so!
Tool knowledge is preferred for this position. This is a full time position for a career minded person. Looking to switch careers? No sales experience? No problem! Experience working with tools in Metal Fabrication, Welding, Carpentry, Woodworking, Autobody Refinishing, Auto Mechanic, Roofing labourer, or a general labourer in construction trades, could make you a great fit for this role and is considered an asset. Experience with retail sales in the tool departments working at Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Home Hardware, Rona, HNT Tools and similar positions are also considered an asset. We also hire keen candidates with the right attitude, an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to learn.
KMS Tools offers extended medical, dental and an RRSP program for full time employees, plus all staff benefit from incredible employee pricing on everything we sell! KMS also provides a great work/life balance - we are always closed evenings, Sundays and statutory holidays. If you feel that you could be a fit, are a team player and am looking for an opportunity to join an exciting, growing company in a fast paced industry, please send us a copy of your resume and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kamloops, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you within 30 km of Kamloops?
- What experience do you have with tools or equipment?
- This is a full time position. Are you able to work 8 hour shifts, 5 days per week, one of which is Saturday?