We're looking for great people who love bikes!
Our customer service focused bicycle shop has been serving the community for over 90 years and we're still growing. With 3 busy stores and the season upon us, we need to expand our team. If you are positive, outgoing and team oriented, we want to talk to you.
We serve all types of cyclists with a large selection of bicycles, parts, accessories and clothing. We offer a complete range of bicycle service and service packages performed by professional bike technicians, that could include you. We also provide a positive environment for every type of cyclist, regardless of age, gender or bicycling discipline.
West Point Cycles is focused on being a great place to work for everyone on our team regardless of whether they are a part time staff member or have made West Point their full time career.
The ideal candidate:
- has experience working on all shifting systems including electronic systems
- has experience working on all braking systems including hydraulic systems
- has excellent interpersonal skills
- has extremely high standard for precision mechanical work
- is passionate about providing the highest level of customer service possible
- is able to present service advice in a positive professional manner
- is able suggest solutions to problems customers are experiencing with their bicycles
- is passionate bicycles and everything they do
- is willing to work weekends
- has 3+ years professional bicycle service experience for technicians jobs
Day to day functions include:
- Completing bicycle service packages from minor to complete overhaul
- Completing a la-carte bicycle repairs as per West Point service menu
- Inputing work and notes into POS - contacting customer to discuss completed work
- Communicate with customers regarding modifications to quote based upon inspection
- Final inspection and quality assurance of new bicycles before delivery
- $20+ per hour based on experience and role
- Assembler and Junior Tech roles with little or no experience start at $16+ per hour
- Extended health, dental, disability and life benefits for full time employees
- RRSP matching plan for full time employees
Please apply with resume and cover letter to be considered.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
All customers and staff are required to wear masks in the buildings and common surfaces are sanitized regularly. WorkSafe protocols observed.
- Please describe why you are interested in this role and our company.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Bicycle Service: 1 year (required)