Saturday and Sunday (Harbor: 7:00 am until 3:00 pm/Delivery: 2:00 am until 1:00 pm)
● Weekly payment with overtime after 44 hours.
● Health benefits
● Paid vacation time
● Employee Product Purchase Program
● Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations.
● Ensure the safe and on time delivery of shipments to our customers or between our local ports.
● Responsible for the loading of their own truck in the mornings at our facility prior to leaving to the port.
● Pick up fresh fish products at our ports and deliver to our facilities.
● Load trucks at each port using forklift (forklift experience an asset but we train in house).
● Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
● Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
● Operate equipment such as truck cab computers and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
● Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
● Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook, bills of lading, etc.
● Driver’s will be expected to adhere to and remain in compliance with all regulating laws (Ex. MTO - Complete Pre-Trip and Post-Trip Inspections)
● Ensure compliance and completion of e-logs
● Adhere to Food Safety, Health & Safety and all Transportation Safety standards
● Additional duties as required
● 1-year Licensed Experience (Minimum)
● Must have your AZ or DZ License
● The candidate must have at least 12 months of tractor-trailer experience
● No moving violations, and preventable accidents in the last 12 months
● Service-oriented approach Results-driven mindset
● Clean CVOR and Driver Abstract
● Strong and professional communication skills
● Employee must me able to sit for long periods of time
● Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time
● Employee must be able to bend, lift and twist
● Employee must be physically fit in order to operate a Forklift
● Employee must be able to lifts up to 50lbs.
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act:
Presteve Foods is an inclusive employer that is committed to promoting dignity, equal opportunity, and integration within the workplace. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants to apply and join our Team. Presteve Foods is open and willing to accommodate all applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as within the workplace. Applicants are encouraged to reach out to the Human Resources Department at any point during the process should they require accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person