Since its inception in 1972, Mission Community Services has maintained a focus on helping fellow community members who need assistance to cope with the realities of life. What started out as neighbours helping neighbours 46 years ago has evolved into an organization that operates dozens of programs applicable to virtually all populations in the community. You can learn more at www.missioncommunityservices.com.
This position, under direction of the Executive Director, manages the day-to-day operations of building maintenance activities for all facilities. Oversees daily management of building systems, mechanical, electrical, energy management and fire/life safety functional areas. Develops, recommends, and administers policies, procedures, and processes in support of departmental operations. Coordinates all work orders involving Preventative Maintenance Program and work requests to address facilities needs of the Organization. Manage maintenance staff and contractors
Requirements and Qualifications
· Degree in Engineering, Construction Management Building Maintenance, or a related building maintenance or construction field.
· Five (5) years recent related experience.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Culturally competent.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license.
· Current First Aid, successful completion of Criminal Record check,
· Ability to perform physical tasks, such as; Frequent walking, standing, climbing, lifting, stooping, or carrying of equipment and materials may be required, and may be required to lift/carry up to 25lbs;
· Knowledge of Personnel management, Facilities maintenance, and Contract management principles and practices.
· Use and application of standard office support software, including email/calendar tools, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Related: 5 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)