Job title :
DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING CLERK
ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Royal Inland Hospital is looking for Casual Diagnostic Imaging Clerks to join their team. Apply today!
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the work of the Diagnostic Imaging department, such as:
Hours of work:
- Patient registration;
- Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to Diagnostic Imaging staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
- Ensures pertinent previous images and documentation are available for patient exam date, and forwards images to other facilities outside the Health Authority;
- Organizes and arranges for pediatric and adult sedation, catheterization exams, ambulance bookings;
- Reception duties - answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, distributes incoming out-going mail;
- Completes a variety of standard forms for registration/billing purposes;
- Types a variety of documents - memorandums, letters, minutes, education documents, presentations and statistical tables;
- Arranges meetings - books meeting rooms, types and distributes agendas, transcribes minutes and notes of meetings and disseminates.
Rotating Days, Evenings – 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 06:30 to 14:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 13:00 to 18:00, 08:30 to 16:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a 5 Minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor