We are currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to conduct assessments in both the clinical and community setting. As an Occupational Therapist working with a multidisciplinary team of health professionals, you would have the knowledge and skills in rehabilitation to effectively assess and treat individuals with injury or illness and develop recommendations for return to work and/or activities of daily living. This position is flexible in nature however time coordination is important and reliability crucial.
A leader in the industry of ability management, Acclaim has offices across Canada working with Employers, Insurers, Lawyers and Government programs to assist individuals in their efforts to return to work or activities of daily living after illness or injury in a timely healthy manner.
- Team Lead, IME Services
- Implement key initiatives such as worksite analysis, ergonomics, assisstive recommendation, cognitive assessment, cognitive therapy, functional capacity evaluation and various other Occupational Therapy assessments
- Provide individualized assessments and interventions as well as program planning/implementation
- Consult with physician’s and any other health care professionals involved to define appropriate plans of action
- Determine requirements for treatment, such as type, method and duration of therapy and precautions to be taken that are compatible with physicians' orders
- Ensure that individuals are involved in identified therapeutic programs, which meet specified goals
- Provide on-going analysis of the individual’s progress towards identified goals
- Utilize specialized occupational therapy knowledge and skills to encourage/facilitate a healthy return to work/activities of daily living
- Maintain documents and pertinent information as it relates to the delivery of Occupational Therapy services
- Protect the individual’s beliefs and values and the right to confidentiality, privacy and dignity
- Enforce safety requirements and ensure careful adherence to physicians' orders
- Ensures that the practice of Occupational Therapy is conducted in accordance with the Code of Ethics as stipulated by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, and all provincial regulatory bodies
- Understand and comply with the legal requirements of licensure, legislation, scope of practice, and policies and procedures of the company
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and think critically
- Able to generate new solutions and develop creative improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Above average written skills required for extensive report writing
- Must have G or G2 with reliable transportation
- Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapist (B.Sc.O.T)
- Must be registered/licensed with appropriate professional regulatory college (e.g., Ontario applicants must be registered with COTO).
- Must be have ADP (Assistive Devices Program)status with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Education and experience specific to the client population (e.g., palliative care, pediatrics, orthopedics, neurology) an asset
- Experience in program development and consultation at the individual and program level would be an asset
Acclaim is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
If you require accommodation to apply, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
- occupational therapy: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- G or G2 driver's (Required)
- Occupational Therapy (Required)
- English (Required)