Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Toronto | Full time
About Equitable Bank
Equitable Bank is Canada's challenger bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. We don’t have branches or cheques or paper statements – we put our money into simple, well-valued products instead. Equitable has >900 employees and $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016 we launched a digital arm called EQ Bank, which now has >85,000 customers. We have all the trust, stability, and respect of a Schedule I bank, the desire to make a difference, and the agility to make it happen.
About the role
Equitable’s digital platform is our strategic enabler to offer innovative solutions that challenge the status quo in banking. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you a high energy individual who will manage our hardware stack, collaborate with vendors to install and maintain the stack and support software that ranges from banking apps to Business Intelligence to Office 365 to MS Azure’s Cloud infrastructure.
- Daily support of environments and network infrastructure
- Own what you build; support and monitor (after hours as needed)
- partner with cyber security team on policies and best practices; fix exposures
- Manage maintenance (patching, firmware)
- Performance tune, optimize usage and manage capacity proactively- continuously improve
- Maintain all Disaster Recovery sites, and manage the enterprise infrastructure DR plan
- Post-secondary education in a technical field
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT support role for applications and hardware infrastructure
- Gets dynamic and static routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, Azure UDRs
- Ability to diagnose complex network performance issues (Windows Server, AD, Linus, web connectivity, VM, VOIP)
- Knowledge of cloud Infrastructure and Platform as a Service
- Scripting experience
- Grasp of Internet connectivity issues (SFTP, HTTP/S).
- Ansible, Mulesoft, Pivotal and Docker knowledge
- DevOps experience
- Azure or Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience
- Experience using JIRA & Confluence for sprint based delivery
What We Offer
- A modern tech stack, DevOps pipeline, and PaaS to build awesome solutions
- Fast paced environment that encourages small & frequent changes via automated deployments
- Competitive salary, incentives, and employee share purchase plan
- Comprehensive benefits package including discounted gym memberships and unlimited yoga
- A modern work environment in midtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC (St. Clair Station)
- A fun, relaxed, diverse work environment
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.