Looking for a job that will allow you to combine your clinical expertise and your proven leadership skills? Are you passionate about building an engaging environment that supports and challenges others to achieve their goals? We can offer you an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Mentor in our Professional Practice Department for our Acute Medicine program.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing leadership and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Collaborating with interprofessional team leaders to establish priorities for nurse and team learning
- Working across Fraser Health on assigned initiatives, providing clinical mentorship and clinical practice support
- Facilitating staff learning and development by rolemodeling best practice nursing skills and related competencies
- Delivering feedback to staff by providing continuous mentoring and coaching for performance improvement
- Collaborating with and supporting clinical education by contributing to the determination of skill development priorities for staff
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace by promoting safe work practices and enforcement of health and safety requirements
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Three (3) years of Acute Medicine or Community Health nursing practice including experience mentoring nursing staff as well as leadership training or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle may be required for work related purposes
This role is a temporary full-time position with 6-month rotations consecutively at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (ARHCC), Chiliwack General Hospital (CGH), and Mission Memorial Hospital (MMH). To learn more about these communities, please visit our career site at https://careers.fraserhealth.ca/live-here/ .
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Transform your practice to a new level and join an organization that prides itself on building an excellent work place!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.