ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
· Current Certificate of Competence in the Province of Ontario.
· Must have current of recent clinical experience of at least two years in medical/ surgical or rehabilitation nursing.
· CNA certification in Rehabilitation Nursing preferred.
· Consideration will be given to candidates with related certificates or courses in rehabilitative/gerontological nursing.
· Demonstrate knowledge of the National Rehabilitation Reporting System.
· Demonstrated clinical assessment skills.
· Demonstrated patient/ family teaching skills.
· Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
· Demonstrated skill and knowledge of I.V. therapy is required.
· Demonstrated effective communication skills.
· Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
· Demonstrated knowledge of acute care treatment of stroke.
· Demonstrated knowledge of rehabilitation best practices for stroke (example NDT).
· NIH stroke scale certificate preferred.
. STAND (swallowing screening) training preferred
Reference ID: 200953
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Registered Nurse (RN): 2 years (Required)