At Caldic we are continually developing our capabilities and we strive to become better every day, with the goal to build long-term relationships. To add value to our company, and to our inspiring solutions we are currently looking to add to our team. Are you a natural leader with a proven track record in the industrial market? Do you have the drive to succeed in a moving fast forward company? Then we are looking for you!
Position function: Reporting to the Warehouse and Transportation Supervisor of Caldic Canada Inc., the individual will be responsible to complete all of the assigned tasks related to the shipping and receiving of products and ingredients according to Caldic’s processes and procedures.
Scope: The Dry Order Picking Associate will ensure that orders are prepared according to Caldic’s shipping and receiving processes and procedures. The individual will adhere to all shipping and receiving processes and procedures so that all tasks are be completed safely and efficiently through the use of appropriate systems, tools and equipment specifically provided by Caldic. This position will work closely with the Supervisor and Shipping administrators to prepare, load and receive daily orders.
Major tasks and duties:
Afternoon Shift - Monday-Friday 2:30pm-11:00pm (40 hours per week)
- To be familiar with all order picking procedures at Caldic
- Must be able to locate, verify and validate appropriate product to pick for customer orders; Must utilize pick ticket, RF scanner/WMS and product labels to ensure correct product is selected
- To use WMS and other related procedures as required. Use appropriate inventory policy – i.e. FEFO – First expiry first out
- Print and apply required labels to shipment based on Caldic requirements and customer requests; Includes Caldic product labels and may also include customer product labels and/or allergen labels
- Ensure product is packaged and wrapped in a safe, secure and presentable manner to Caldic standards
- Responsible to put product in staging location prior to loading
Shipping and Receiving:
- To be familiar with shipping and receiving procedures for Caldic.
- Responsible to load orders and receive orders as scheduled by the Shipping Supervisor and Shipping Administration
- Must complete an inspection report for each trailer being loaded; Driver will be required to remove any debris prior to loading product at which point the trailer will be re-inspected
- Review and verify order and product information prior to loading to ensure accuracy; Verify Lot #, Expiry date and product code
- Load all products in a safe and efficient manner to limit any movement during transportation to ensure that the customer receives an outstanding level of quality and satisfaction with the Caldic product; Place seals on truck and confirm seals are on totes to verify quality control of shipments
- Unload incoming shipments to appropriate area prior to order being put away in a location
- Review and verify supplier paperwork to ensure correct product is present
- Print the required licenses and adhere to received product as per Caldic’s procedures after unloading the incoming shipment
- Orders loaded for shipment and incoming orders that are unloaded are to be closed in WMS and completed paperwork should be returned to Shipping Administration; Receiver is required to notify Shipping Administrator of any incomplete incoming orders received
- Scan received product(s) license to initiate the put away process
- Utilize the “move” function to identify an appropriate location for product
- Must validate location once product has been moved accordingly
- To ensure safe and appropriate use of all manual and powered lift equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations, GMP’s and HACCP requirements.
- Responsible for following Food Safety and Quality requirements as per Prerequisite programs, HACCP plans, CCP monitoring and SQF code.
- Comply with Caldic’s policies on hygiene, safety and quality.
- To attend any required training necessary for the job.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Lead hand/Supervisor
Knowledge/Skills & Experience:
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent
- Must be able to lift up to 25kg/50lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have intermediate computer skills
- Distribution experience considered an asset
- Forklift and Reach Truck license are required
- Must have strong attention to detail/accuracy of work
- Use of an RF scanner is considered an asset
At Caldic we value our team spirit, built on strong relationships and open communication. You will be part of a community where you can always get support from experienced colleagues. At the same time we encourage an entrepreneurial mindset: you have the freedom to act and take initiative to bring your ideas to life. At Caldic we want to give everybody the opportunity to make a difference.
Every day hundreds of thousands of people around the world are in touch with a food, pharma, personal care or industrial product that has been handled with care by Caldic. At Caldic we are the linking pin, connecting people, products and solutions for a better world. But we go beyond connecting to ensure we deliver on our business partners' requirements for added-value R&D, manufacturing and packaging solutions, while minimizing the environmental impact. This makes Caldic the partner of choice in innovative and sustainable solutions in life science and specialty chemicals. Our tagline ‘Because we care' underlines our commitment to our people, our business partners and our planet. On a daily basis around 1200 Caldic employees go the extra mile to deliver value-add solutions. Caldic is present in 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.caldic.com.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $22.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5N 8E2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Forklift: 2 years (preferred)
- Forklift Licence (required)
Work Location: In person