Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Director, Professional Practice, the Clinical Practice Leader works closely with the Director, Mental Health Program, Physicians, Managers, and the interdisciplinary team. The Clinical Practice Leader is responsible to strengthen professional practice within the organization. The Clinical Practice Leader (CPL) will be responsible for facilitating and providing leadership in the development of a comprehensive orientation and evaluation plan for nurses within Mental Health and supporting units. The CPL will also have a corporate role to promote professional practice, through the orientation program and participation in the corporate professional practice education calendar. The CPL will also support and participate in quality and safety initiatives: coach and mentor staff while promoting clinical champions. Responsibilities include extensive review of clinical research, development, review and revision of program and corporate policies and procedures, revision and implementation of order sets and care pathways utilizing research that is evidence based and meets best practice guidelines. The CPL will participate in the implementation and evaluation of patient care processes, patient & family centred care and procedures at SHN.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN required (Nursing Master’s Degree an asset)
- Experience in an educator role
- At least 5 years’ current clinical experience in an acute Mental Health Unit
- Current BCLS provider and competency
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) training
- Non-violent Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification
- Experience with committee work
- Knowledgeable with Quality Based Procedures, care pathways and best practices guidelines
- Familiar with CNO standards and guidelines
- Experience with project management or program planning, as well as the Lean philosophy and continuous quality improvement, preferred
- Experience with developing policies and procedures and learning packages for both staff and patients
- Evidence of strong mentoring, teaching, organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all team members
- Excellent computer skills including word, power point and excel and competency in information and communication technology
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance record and work performance
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Experience with electronic documentation
- Experience with on-line learning modules (creating, developing)
- Non-violent Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) instructor status
Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) trainer
- Membership with the RNAO and specialty groups
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.