Inpatient addiction treatment centre seeks an outstanding counsellor to join our multidisciplinary team. Mark Amy Treatment Centre is an accredited and licensed facility that is grounded in First Nation traditional values and beliefs. Our program centres on a bio-psycho-social-spiritual approach, and is designed to work with individuals who have experience significant trauma. We are looking for a counsellor who has a like minded philosophy of addiction.
Competitive wages, travel allowance and mutually supportive work environment. As a member of our multi-disciplinary team you will be part of a dedicated group of professionals who help individuals and their families regain lives free from addiction.
Mark Amy Treatment is an equal opportunity employer which practices the principles of employment equity. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
The successful applicant will have a combination of education, training and experience in the field of addictions.
- Degree or Diploma in Addiction Counselling or equivalent
- Demonstrated competence in all 12 core functions
- Sound understanding of ethical therapeutic relationships
- Lived experience considered an asset
- Experience in an inpatient treatment facility
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team, where required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Valid Drivers License (willingness to attain Class 4 required) & own transportation to and from work
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Records Check and Drivers Abstract and pass all required A&D screenings before employment
- Will be required to sign an Oath of Confidentiality and Code of Ethics
- A combination of educations, skills and experience may be considered
- Become and remain familiar with curriculum, client files and complete assessment procedures as directed
- Assess the clients phase(s) of addiction(s)
- Develop treatment plans in collaboration with client, referral worker and clinical team.
- Group facilitation
- Provide up to date, evidence based addictions information to clients
- Provide group, family and individual counselling as required
- Actively participate in all client activities occurring during shift
- Assist clients in identifying problem areas and setting goals and after care plans
- Document client progress and special needs (suicide, medical, etc.)
- Ensure clients are following facility rules; document and report any infractions
- Ensure clients actively participate in the treatment program, and are aware of the consequences of non-participation.
- Make recommendations on client termination to Team Lead.
- Address client concerns in an efficient manner and forward these concerns to the Team Lead
- Report any unusual activities or concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Provide feedback to other Counselling staff during daily case conferences and debriefing.
- Submission of Treatment Summary Reports and other necessary reports on a timely basis and miscellaneous other Counselling duties.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures and follow in case of emergency
- Answer phones if needed
- Maintain client confidentiality, including the destruction of records as required
- Maintain tidiness of Centre during and after programs (i.e. lecture room, etc.)
- Conduct necessary security checks of Centre and out-buildings
- Keep Lead Counsellor informed as to any concerns relating to the Mark Amy Centre
- Undertake periodic room checks
- Refer any new ideas for program update to the Lead Counsellor
- Facilitate outreach education
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the Lead Counsellor or the Director
Preference will be given to applicants of First Nations, Metis and Inuit descent, please self-identify in cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
- Counselling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Class 4 Drivers Licence (Required)