The Special Education Materials & Curriculum Developer will be responsible to support and enhance the Fueling Brains methodology across school districts helping children with disabilities maximize their learning in an inclusive setting.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, and energetic educator with a strong belief in core values and very student focused. The best fit for this role would be someone who is technologically savvy, with a commitment to differentiated learning and teaching students of varied abilities. This is a remote role and the candidate can be based anywhere across Canada.
- Develop curriculum and materials to meet the Special Education needs as per State / District guidelines
- Reviews and modifies existing child development curriculum.
- Takes a differentiated approach to teaching and learning based on comprehensive experience with diverse learners and learning styles
- Works with instructional staff to develop appropriate lesson plans.
- Works with designers to develop appropriate materials / activities
- Trains staff / teachers on special needs curriculum implementation
- Meets with management to monitor implementation
- Orders special equipment and supplies to support lesson plans and curriculum
- Integrates activities for Pre-school/school aged children with regular curriculum
- Monitors the quality of teacher interactions and developmental activities
- Participates in evaluation activities
Skills and Knowledge
- Certificate in Special Education, Special Needs, or a related field from a recognized post-secondary instituition
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience as a Special Education Resource Teacher working in kindergarten / primary classrooms
- Candidates with Grade 12 plus minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of related experience may substitute for the above education / experience
- Detail oriented and able to work cooperatively with other program teams in order to facilitate work projects
- Proficient with the educational technology in use across North American schools
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology, or proven experience utilizing and providing IEP's with a technological focus
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills, exhibiting a supportive, positive approach
- Knowledge of our curriculum (Montessori, Movement, Reggio)
- Knowledge of brain development and executive functions
- Experience teaching students online
- Proficient taking a differentiated approach to teaching and learning
We offer a competitive salary, an entrepreneurial culture and a chance to excel for those who like to take on challenges.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Freelance
- teaching : 3 years (Preferred)