Reporting to the Manager, Infectious Diseases Control Division, is responsible for carrying out a broad and complex range of investigative epidemiologic activities related to the surveillance, detection, and prevention of diseases; contributing to applied public health research; conducting statistical analyses to identify trends or outbreaks of diseases and their risk factors used in the planning of health programs for the prevention and control of communicable diseases; and providing epidemiology consulting services to assigned program areas in the Public Health Branch.
- Successful completion of a Masters Degree in Epidemiology (e.g. MHSc, MSc or MPH).
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as an Epidemiologist or equivalent experience in a related Public Health setting.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of public health indicators.
- Demonstrated experience with various software applications including statistical and epidemiological packages such as IBM SPSS, Stata, FluidSurveys, and MS Office software applications.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
0830 - 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by April 15, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$52.29 to $56.84 per hour. This is a Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit).