Highway King Transport LTD is currently looking for an Accounting Bookkeeper to join their team in Abbotsford. This role is best suited for a trained and detail oriented individual who is able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, reconcile, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Full-cycle AP
- Payroll bi-weekly/semi-monthly
- End of the year tax preparation
- Monthly bank reconciliations and credit card statements
- Regular government reporting (GST, PST, WCB & Deductions)
- General office administrative duties
- Tracking employee benefits and vacations
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, is an asset
- 2 to 3 years’ Accounting experience is a MUST
- Experience in managing people and teams
- Transportation industry experience an asset but not required.
- Expertise in cost accounting
- Experience working in a small, lean organization, with broad responsibilities
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ASPE
- Analysis and implementation of significant capital projects
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel), and knowledge of accounting systems
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 /hour
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (Required)
- accounting: 3 years (Required)
- CMA (Preferred)
- CA (Preferred)
- CGA (Preferred)
- Accounts payable
- Preparing financial statements (e.g. balance sheet, P&L, statement of cash flows)
- Tax preparation
- Processing expense reports
- Cost reduction proposals
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Conducting planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management
- Conducting audits to ensure adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements
- Reviewing and maintaining internal controls processes and systems