Reports to: The Agronomist will report to the Agronomy Manager.
Job Overview: CropMax Consulting is an independent agronomy consulting company that works with local area farmers on all aspects of crop production. The Agronomist is responsible for working with farm customers to deliver agronomy consulting services. This will include carrying out field scouting activities in-season to deliver recommendations related to all aspects of crop production. The Agronomist is responsible for organizing and completing soil sampling activities in the fall and spring of each year, and for developing fertility recommendations and crop plans through a series of customer meetings throughout the winter.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Carry out in-field scouting activities and provide crop production recommendations throughout the growing season.
- Assist with seasonal activities including trial management and monitoring, and insect trapping and reporting.
- Responsible for organizing and completing soil sampling activities in fall and spring.
- Develop fertility recommendations and whole farm crop plans based on soil test results and customer meetings. This includes crop rotation and varietal planning, seeding considerations, and chemical planning.
- Assist with summer student training and supervision, as required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with farm customers.
- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or in a related field is required.
- Candidate must be registered or need to become registered with the Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists as defined by The Agrologists Act
- Preference will be given to a candidate with experience in the field of Agronomy.
- Valid Class 5 drivers license is required.
- ATV Safety Course Certification (training to be provided by CropMax Consulting).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's License (Required)