Senior Mine Closure Specialist
Vancouver, BC; Saskatoon, SK; Whitehorse, YT; Remote; – Full-Time Permanent
Ensero Solutions is an environmental consulting and remediation business with specific expertise in environmental assessment and permitting support, environmental monitoring, site water management, active/passive water treatment, microbiological testing, care and maintenance operations, and turnkey remediation services for the mining industry and broader industrial sectors. At Ensero, we get the opportunity to positively impact the environment and people’s lives. We’re building a culture where people can grow their careers and are challenged to solve our client’s toughest environmental problems.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Senior Mine Closure Specialist is responsible for providing leadership and management of mine closure projects and programs for Ensero clients, as well as providing senior technical direction on projects.
- Provides direction for activities related to planning and closure studies, environmental assessments, and permit applications for Ensero projects and clients.
- Provide leadership in the development of conceptual reclamation and closure strategies and plans for assessment, licensing and permitting.
- Contribute to a multidisciplinary technical team in the development of preliminary and detailed reclamation and closure designs.
- Contribute to the implementation of reclamation closure strategies and provide input to compliance of plan implementation in as it relates to regulatory authorizations.
- Leads the development of closure strategies for clients.
- Work collaboratively with technical teams and proactively identify opportunities to improve project environmental design aspects and streamline regulatory processes.
- Provide corporate technical support to Ensero projects with regard to environmental compliance, mine closure, governance and permitting.
- Interface and communicate with various levels of government, stakeholders and communities to advance study activities.
- Act as a client representative in regulatory processes including participating in panels, workshops, public hearings, community engagement, etc.
- Represent Ensero Solutions and our clients in regulatory and community meetings, workshops and events and oversee the preparation of presentation materials.
- Develop professional and business relationships across the industry to better advance Ensero’s growth and strategic initiatives.
- Supports the writing and development of client proposals and explores business development opportunities in mining and other sectors.
- Conducts senior reviews of technical deliverables and programs in area(s) of expertise.
- Mentors project team members including direction, coaching, and professional development.
- Monitor and promote system environmental health and worker safety compliance.
- All other related duties as required.
- University degree or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of mining experience with a focus on mine closure activities.
- Experience working in environmental consulting or project consulting setting.
- Knowledge of and experience in Yukon’s and BC’s (and other jurisdictions) impact assessment and licensing regime for resource development projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Ensero has offices in Colorado (Denver and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is well-established as an innovative leader in environmental management, site assessments and permitting, water treatment, remediation technologies, and facility operations. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, including pay and benefits and your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.
Ensero Solutions believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued.