TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: Join our Team!
The TGHC provides medically complex, and specialized care and services to those individuals who require Complex Continuing Care, Post-Acute Care Rehabilitation and Palliative Care. The care and services provided at TGHC help facilitate the patient flow through the health care system and ensures recovery to those individuals who may return to their homes or to Long Term Care (LTC) facilities in their communities. At TGHC we are a mission and values driven organization dedicated to providing compassionate care and clinical excellence to a vulnerable patient population. Our staff are known for compassion, commitment, innovation, and team work. As a compassionate, caring and influential executive leader, you will make a difference in the quality of life of our patients and create a “Great Place to Work” for our valued staff.
We are actively recruiting for
Temporary Full Time 18 Month Maternity Leave Contract
For Our Continuing Complex Care Unit
ONA – Days/Evenings/Nights/Weekends
Position Summary and Responsibility:
The Registered Nurse provides excellent patient and family centered nursing care in complex patient environment in a culturally sensitive manner. Establishes caring, therapeutic relationships with patients and their families to attain or maintain optimal functioning by promoting health and/or treating health conditions through supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means.
- Bachelor in Nursing Degree
- Current Certificate of Competence issued by the College of Nurses’ of Ontario in good standing
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience, experience in continuing complex care an asset
- Experience working with medically complex patients in acute care hospital an asset
- Ability to work as a member of the chronic care team within the unit’s mission statement
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships with patients and families
- Commitment to continuous improvement, learning and evidence-based practice
- Demonstrated resilience to adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated, compassionate individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Strong time management skills, excellent attendance record
- Demonstrated skills in applicable computer software applications
- Ability to meet bone fide occupational requirements as outlined in the Job Demands Analysis
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter by quoting #01212020 – RN Temp 18 Month Contract. Please visit our website to learn more about the rewards of building a career at the Toronto Grace Health Centre: www.torontograce.org We are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has been accredited with a 4 year Exemplary Standing in 2016 by Accreditation Canada
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- * Experience working with medically complex patients in acut: 1 year (Required)
- nursing comlex care/rehab: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Certificate of Competence issued by the College of Nurses (Required)
- Nursing (Required)