A 2023 BC Top 100 Employer, Century Group is a family-owned, real estate development and property management company with a mission to curate places people love. Century Group's people are committed to building sustainable, thriving communities with diverse neighbourhoods. For 65 years, Century Group has built a portfolio of operating real estate assets and land, residential rental properties, seniors residences, hotels and restaurants, as well as commercial retail spaces with an emphasis on a mixed-use approach.
What can we offer you?
Century Group offers our team members a variety of benefits, including competitive salaries, health benefits which includes a healthcare spending account, maternity leave top-up program, matching pension plan (DCPP), and the ability to advance your career through training and development opportunities! As a part of Century Group, career growth opportunities are available across a diverse group of companies. Apply now to discover your next career move!
Reporting to the Manager, Project and Corporate Accounting, this role is responsible for accounting and administrative support for our construction and development divisions. This role has a combination of daily accounting tasks, and budget and contract administration. They ensure their respective area operates effectively and efficiently to meet business objectives.
- Contract and budget administration for construction and development divisions
- Assisting with accounting tasks such as bank reconciliations, tax filings and other month-end activities and reconciliations for construction and development divisions
- Construction legal compliance administration (statutory declarations, workers compensation, insurance)
- Assisting with analysis and reporting
- Ensuring all accounting controls and processes are followed
- Strives to improve processes and reporting
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- Experience in the development or construction industry is an asset. An accounting diploma or degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets), including intermediate spreadsheet skills and an ability to quickly learn new software
- Strong problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and changes
- Ability to maintain integrity in relationships with co-workers and external customers
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager an asset but not required