OZ Optics Limited is a leading worldwide supplier of fiber optic products, test equipment and sensors. It is located in Canada's capital city of Ottawa and established in 1985.
- Every employee receives full benefits including medical, dental, and optical and life insurance with the premiums paid for by OZ Optics.
- Opportunity to work alongside with subject matter experts in fiber optics
- Opportunity to work on world-class products with cutting-edge technologies
- Best recreational facilities company can offer. Squash and basketball courts, weight-training rooms, indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub for use by employees
- Staff events - adult and children's holiday parties, Easter egg hunt, family summer barbeque, and soccer games.
- Free on-site parking
The position is responsible to establish, maintain and manage a team to effectively provide the services needed to bid, procure, receive, store, control and issue material (and services as appropriate), and ship product in accordance with the company’s cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Manage and train staff; maintain facilities and capability necessary to carry out the following functions:
- Material Planning for all Manufacturing sites.
- Purchasing: Source development, price negotiations, pipeline provisioning, acquisition, expediting.
- Physical Distribution: Receiving, Stores, Inventory Control, Issuing, Finished Goods, Customs, Traffic and Shipping.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, and objectives for these functions.
- Interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company who utilize, or contribute to, the provided services.
- Prepare operating and capital budgets for these functions.
- Meet cost and performance targets/objectives.
Bachelor’s degree with post-graduate or supplemental university level courses in Materials Management. Also, recent CAPIC and/or PMAC courses/seminars.
Minimum 15 years direct or 15 years material planning management related experience in high tech OEM manufacturing with ERP environment.
- Well-developed leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel both within and with external contacts.
- Sound knowledge of current supply chain practices.
- Strong Purchasing background.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Employees undergo Covid assessment and temperature screening daily. PPE equipment is provided and worn; social distancing practiced, work spaces with dividers, on-going sanitization.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place