Who we are
QRC Logistics is a proudly owned family transportation business based out of the Greater Toronto Area that started out as a small courier company doing rush pickups and deliveries using cars and vans all around the GTA. As our customer’s requirements evolved, so did the company. Since then, QRC has grown and expanded across Ontario. Most recently we are very proud to announce our newest location in Smiths Falls, Ontario!
At QRC Logistics, we pride ourselves on provided the following services at the best customer satisfaction:
· Cartage division with 5-ton trucks all with tailgates to handle LTL
· Trailer division to handle FL freight
· Overnight division for less time sensitive deliveries
· Rush division for time critical deliveries
· Warehouse storage and full pick and pack operation
· Network of terminals across the country in every major center
· QRC specializes in Retail deliveries
You can rely on us to be a one stop shop for all your logistical needs. We offer the unique opportunity to have online web access for all customers to view and track inventory in real time by using state of the art software systems for both warehousing and transportation management.
Being innovative, flexible, accountable and responsive are all core values each team member embraces at QRC Logistics. We are always looking to add out of the box, creative thinkers to join our ever-growing company.
With the start of our new location in Smiths Falls, QRC Logistics is looking for a Terminal Manager to head our operation.
The Terminal Manager will be responsible for developing, managing, monitoring and overseeing all aspects of the terminal's operation within QRC’s mission statement. A high regard for customer service levels, safety and employee engagement are key to contributing to the profitability of QRC Logistics.
With a focus on technological improvements, fully understanding our process and where to apply these new tools to positively impact QRC is key. Laser focus and attention on the Transportation aspect of your business will yield immediate results.
Job Title: Terminal Manager
Reports to: Vice President
Job Type: Full Time - Salary Basis
- Plan, implement and oversee the work of staff members to ensure efficiency and compliance with organizational requirements and company procedures. (Current, new and future state)
- Monitor and direct all dispatching activities, including tracking, routing and dispatching transportation vehicles. Have process, accountability and structure in place
- Initiate and direct investigations to resolve shipper or customer complaints and verify their authenticity and accuracy. Realign process where needed
- Collaborate with staff members and fellow managers to create, modify and implement goals, procedures, policies and objectives when the opportunity presents itself.
- Develop strategic performance metrics and targets that are consistent with company goals
- Provide metrics to senior management daily to maintain highest level of performance
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and delegating work accordingly
- Analyze departmental operation and identify areas requiring improvement and provide solutions.
- Quickly and practically solves problems, self or through team by identifying trends solving root cause, taking or identifying actions or escalating as appropriate for resolution
- Empower and lead team to meet organizational objectives and identify key team performers so they are utilized for the right job
- Seek opportunities to improve existing routines or processes by having a positive attitude towards change. Develop or support continuous improvement
- Manage budget and workforce productivity
- Any other task/duties as assigned or required
- Basic understanding of Warehouse Management Systems and Transportation Management Systems
- Must be forklift certified from an accredited source or have 2 years experience operating a dock stocker, counter balance and walkie
- Strong computer skills including Office Suite and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgment and good decision making and problem solving skills particularly under pressure
- Basic experience with managing performance
- Client/Customer focused is critical
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Experience in warehousing and transportation
- Bilingual (written and verbal knowledge of French language) considered an asset
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays may be required
- Daily interaction with employees, management, and customers
- Daily operation of desktop computer and peripherals
- Warehouse environment (temperature fluctuations, noise level, and multitasking)
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and standing for long periods of time
Standards of performance:
- Demonstrates value and respect for all employees, managers and customers
- Performs effectively as a team player
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Understand and support the company’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Safety oriented and minded at all times
Minimum High School Diploma. Post-Secondary Education in Logistics & Supply Chain considered an asset
Preference given to those with warehousing and transportation experience
Location: 101 Rideau Ave North, Smiths Falls, Ontario
QRC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
QRC Logistics would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Smiths Falls, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Management: 5 years (preferred)
- Warehouse distribution: 5 years (preferred)
- Logistics: 5 years (preferred)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)