The incumbent of this position is the first point of contact with the general public, including donors, vendors, and general constituency.
The Receptionist and Mail Clerk roles are both held under one position. Both roles are accountable to the Assistant- Administrative Services for the day-to-day operations. This position is part-time (approximately 1 pm to 5 pm) and is responsible for the collection and processing of all outgoing mail. As well, this position provides switchboard/receptionist relief during the distribution of incoming mail, during breaks, and at end of day. This position provides support for both the MCC Canada and MCC Manitoba office at Plaza Drive.
- Completion of high school
- Demonstrated quality customer service experience (i.e., friendly and courteous in person and over the phone, customer-focus)
- Previous experience with mailroom equipment, switchboard and other office duties preferred
- Testable basic computer skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and well organized
- Previous exposure in working independently, as well as part of a larger team
- Willingness to learn on the job
- Ability to work with interruptions
- Previous experience in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Successful Police Record Check clearance.
- Reception: Maintain order and proper flow of calls and information (50%)
- Mail room/Kitchen: Ensure outgoing mail is processed effectively; maintain order in supply/mail room and kitchen. (50%)
- Collect and post outgoing mail daily.
- Respond to basic donor inquiries at the front desk, including receiving financial or material donations.
- Provide switchboard/receptionist relief for breaks, while receptionist processes and distributes incoming mail, and at end of day.
- Maintain order in supply/mail room.
- Assist in packaging and shipping major mailings.
- Purchase coffee, tea, sugar and hot chocolate powder from Ten Thousand Villages
- Daily loading and unloading dishwasher and dishwasher maintenance in staff lunchroom. Weekly fridge cleaning. Occasional purchasing of various kitchen supplies. Staff are responsible to clean up after themselves and their meetings however there is a final tidying required in the afternoon.
- Care for the plants within the office.
- Purchase paper and office supplies to ensure adequate paper supply for the photocopier, fax and main printer. Monitor and fill machines as needed with copier paper.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Assistant to Administrative Services.
- Ensure that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is exemplified in the performance of all job responsibilities and through personal example
- Participate in regular staff meetings, spending time in devotions and prayer with all in attendance.
- Model nonviolent peacemaking through daily interactions with staff and the public.
- Participate in a local church and gatherings, being willing to use his or her gifts within the local faith community.
Application Deadline: January 28, 2019
Job Type: Part-time