Creative Communications Designer
We are looking to identify highly creative people for a knowledge translation/creative communications short-term contract role. Successful candidates will be wildly imaginative people with exceptional writing skills who can crystalise key learning concepts for a variety of audiences.
Contracts are flexible. We’re looking for someone who’s able to commit between 16 and 30 hours a week for up to 5 months.
Dialectic creates immersive e-learning, organizational change and customer engagement experiences – powered by science and smart multimedia design – to solve business problems and elevate performance. We work closely with our clients to illuminate their core challenges and design an ideal solution, based on our expertise in behavioural science, psychology, education and creative media arts.
We apply our I2ETM methodology - a four-step evidence-based design path that draws on the psychology of learning to identify pain points and create solutions that change thinking and behaviour to support client goals.
We help top companies, public sector organizations and not-for-profit associations achieve their goals, from knowledge transfer and skills development to branded educational marketing campaigns.
- Have meaningful experience as a member of a design team working within a fast-paced, iterative, agile environment.
- Are passionate about building things that make an impact
- Are resourceful, creative, and intellectually curious
- Are undaunted by ambiguity
- Are collaborative and communicative: we share our work daily
- Like to drive projects forward
- Are empathetic. You know how to listen and speak to users, to clients, to team members.
- Intrepidly investigate complex problems
- Analyzing and synthesizing research, consolidating findings, and articulating design choices
- Writing delightful copy, dialog, and narrative
- Adapting voice, tone and depth for target audiences
You’re familiar with:
- Prototyping tools and/or processes
- Branching scenarios or narratives
- The principles of UX and UI design
- Game mechanics
- User trials or tests
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Write compelling learning experiences for a variety of audiences, industries and media
- Copy edit, rewrite, and elevate peer-written content
- Design and iterate models
- Participate in all project phases, from strategy to planning and executing quantitative and qualitative research to designing the solution
- Working with a multidisciplinary team
- Applying agile design/development methodology
- Juggling multiple projects and/or clients in parallel
Your education & training:
- Undergraduate University degree (social sciences or humanities preferred)
- You might also have the following: M.A. or Ph.D. (social sciences or humanities), or degree in Communications
Dialectic is an equal opportunity employer so please let us know if you need any assistance to apply for these roles. To apply please provide a resume with cover letter. We would also like to see samples of your creative writing/portfolio via attachment or link.
Job Types: Full-time, Freelance
- curriculum development: 3 years (Preferred)
- freelance creative writing: 5 years (Preferred)