Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Developing expert level knowledge of business processes and associated applications used by the CPAWSB department(s).
- Maintaining and enhancing the application footprint to provide sustained and effective continuity to the CPAWSB business and its evolving needs.
- Participating in requirements workshops to elicit, identify and understand business needs and requirements.
- Collaborating with other software developers, business analysts, and IT professionals to implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions and enhancements.
- Collaborating with and support Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to maintain documented business process and information flows, including how system(s) supports the business processes.
- Designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining Microsoft Dynamics CRM based solutions.
- Designing business processes and data flows between Microsoft Dynamics CRM and operational / back office applications.
- Assisting with deployment and provisioning activities
- Developing, testing, implementing and troubleshooting all applications.
- Supporting and providing end-user training.
- Collaborating with and supporting SMEs to develop User Acceptance (UA) test plan and procedures.
- Collaborating with and supporting BAs and SMEs during UA testing.
- Identifying business process improvement opportunities for efficient and effective business operation.
- Contributing to business road map and operation plans as they relate to technology.
- Following development best practices such as version control, unit testing, continuous integration, performance and security testing, and appropriate documentation.
- Extending the capability of CRM through creation of new entities, forms, workflows and reports.
- Assisting with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Knowledge & Skills Required
Include but are not limited to:
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum four years of experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server is required.
- Minimum four years of experience with Visual Studio (preferably 2015 / 2017) is required.
- Minimum four years of experience with C#, .Net, Java Script, HTML and SQL Server is required.
- Minimum four years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (preferably CRM 2016) is required.
- Minimum five years of experience in application design and development is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technologies, specifically CRM, SharePoint, IIS and SQL are
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and SharePoint integration with CRM is required.
- Experience designing and integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions
- including plug-ins, custom workflows activities and business process flows (in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 through 2016) is required.
- Experience with OData and SOAP protocols is required.
- Mastery of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and associated CRM development best practices is required.
- Proven experience in developing, testing, implementing, and troubleshooting applications built on/using the following technologies is required:
- Microsoft (MS) Dynamics CRM 2013 through 2016: deployment, customization, configuration
- MS Great Plains (GP) 2015 and later: data and integration with CRM (rather than finance functionality)
- Scribe / eConnect / Dynamics GP Integration Manager
- MS SQL 2012 (or later): high transaction, multi-server environment
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- MS SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service)
- Internet Explorer and Windows 10
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Outstanding analytic, problem solving, and interpersonal skills are required.
The CPA Western School of Business (CPAWSB) is responsible for the delivery of the education program to prospective Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs) in Western Canada. Accordingly, the School oversees the education of CPA candidates in the four western provinces and in the Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut. Through a graduate-style learning platform, practical experience, and exposure to standards and ethics of the highest caliber, CPAWSB students become “business-ready” CPAs.
We currently have an opportunity for a Full-Time Microsoft CRM Developer \ Analyst to join our CPAWSB team. Reporting to the Director of Information Services, the Microsoft CRM Developer \ Analyst is involved in a full range of duties including; serving internal customers and external customers while working in collaboration with Information Services Team members to provide development and support activities for all CPAWSB business applications.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, CPAWSB can offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Fairness and Openness and Responsiveness.
If you believe that you could thrive in our environment, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
CPAWSB thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server: 4 years (Preferred)
- Visual Studio: 4 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM: 4 years (Preferred)
- designing and integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions: 4 years (Preferred)
- C#, .Net, Java Script, HTML and SQL Server: 4 years (Preferred)
- application design and development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)