Quest Window Systems Inc (“Quest”) is a manufacturer of a window wall system designed for high-rise residential developments, based in Toronto, Ontario Canada. Quest services clients from all over North America, including major metropolises such as New York, Los Angeles, Washington DC, and Toronto.
Purpose: To support the Finance department daily and period end activities.
Primary Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
- Prepare accurate and timely internal monthly reporting for various entities
- Manage and review bank reconciliations for various bank accounts and balance sheet reconciliations for multiple entities
- Prepare month end journal entries including accruals, fixed assets depreciation, and commission calculations
- Prepare lease schedule; Book monthly interest accrual and reconcile IFRS right of use analysis.
- Overseeing all A/P & A/R procedures to ensure streamlined process
- Preparing sales tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Work closely with the Financial Analyst to monitor and forecast cash flow
- Maintains proper documentation of all local procedures and internal controls to be followed during the monthly close process
- Review and submit government tax audits and external financial audits
- Perform additional ad-hock analysis and reporting, as requested. Other duties and analysis as assigned by Manager
- Maintain respect, effective communication and relationships with management and staff of all levels.
Education and knowledge
University degree in accounting and pursuing a professional accounting designation.
A minimum of 3-5 years experiences in general Finance related roles.
Skills and personal attributes
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to establish and maintain relationships with all levels of management and clients.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to research, analyze and synthesize complex financial data and other information to prepare reports and recommendations for senior level decision-makers.
- Good oral and written communications skills to prepare and present reports.
- Excellent Organizational skills to manage multiple projects and to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Hands on experience in using financial ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or SAP.
SALARY WILL BE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Stock options
- Parental leave
- Education reimbursement
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Bonus scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- analytical and problem-solving skills: 5 years (Required)
- in using financial ERP Systems such as MS Dyamics OR SAP : 5 years (Required)
- prepare month end journal entries include accruals: 5 years (Required)
- reviewing & submitting government tax audits: 5 years (Preferred)
- overseeing A/P & A/R procedures: 5 years (Required)
- reconcile IFRS right of use analysis: 5 years (Required)
- timely internal monthly reporting for various entities: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- preparing sales tax returns: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)