Pharmacy Assistant – Data Entry
6 Months Contract
At Remedy’sRx Specialty Pharmacy, we service Long Term Care, Retirement Home, Assisted Living, Group Homes and other institutional care settings through dedicated pharmacies.
Why Remedy’s Rx:
- Flexible Work Hours and no evening shifts
- Great Team Environment
Remedy’s Rx Specialty is the ONLY independently owned Multi-Provincial provider of Specialty Pharmacy Services in Canada. Operating as an independent means that we value the long-term relationships that we build with our partner homes, and we work collaboratively as an integral part of the health care team.
Our tagline is “Your Partner in Care,” and like our culture, we are all about being a true partner.
We are committed to providing excellent patient care, within a fast-paced environment that services the needs of our Homes. We provide an employee friendly team environment in which goal-oriented individuals thrive as they achieve rewarding challenges.
As a Pharmacy Assistant who will be reporting to the Operations Manager within our Parksville pharmacy. The position is responsible for entering prescriptions into the RemedysRx’s computer system (Kroll), as well as entry in electronic MAR programs such as Point Click Care and Catalyst and maintenance of these patient records.
We are committed to providing excellent patient care with superior communication skills within a fast-paced environment that services the needs of our Homes. We provide an employee friendly team environment in which goal-oriented individuals thrive as they achieve demanding challenges.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Performs operational duties such as: inputting prescriptions ensuring legality & interpretation; verifying consent forms & patient information; assisting pharmacist with documentation, flagging Medication Review or professional services; third party management & reconciliation;
- Create new patient profiles and maintain existing patient records on the database;
- Answering and resolving telephone inquiries;
- Maintain customer service expectations in a timely manner, knowing when to involve pharmacist;
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Remedy’s Rx
- Post-Secondary diploma in a Pharmacy Assistant program preferred
- Minimum one year of Data entry experience
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Attention to detail and ensuring accuracy is highly required
Job Type: Contract
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- pharmacy assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Parksville, BC (Preferred)