ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is suitable for a high school or college student seeking after school and/or summer work. Duties will include yard and shop tasks as directed including (but not limited to): yard & lawn maintenance, general cleanup, garbage collection/removal, sweeping, raking, shoveling, vehicle detailing, parts pickup & delivery and other duties as required. Hours of work during school term are weekdays from 4:30pm to 6pm with full-time hours (8am to 5pm) during the summer months. Wage is $15 per hour.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is preferable.
- Excellent hearing, sight and written/spoken English.
- Medium level physical requirements including lifting up to 40 pounds, frequent lifting and/or carrying of up to 20 pounds, bending, twisting, kneeling, walking on uneven ground, repetitive motion tasks and standing for extended periods.
- Able to work in a team environment and show respect for other workers.
- Exemplary attendance and solid work ethic.
- Familiar with basic tools and machinery including lawn mowers, trimmers and other small hand shop/yard tools.
- Completion of pre-access drug & alcohol testing and adherence to policy during employment.
- Standard First Aid training is required within 90 days of hire.
- Must have own CSA approved, steel-toed boots with 8 inch ankle support and fire-retardant coveralls/outerwear. All other required PPE will be supplied as needed.
Only candidates who live in or within driving distance of Virden, MB will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Virden, MB (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)