Administrative Assistant – Dawson Properties
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support primarily to Senior Executives (example: President, Legal Counsel) and ad hoc support to others.
The incumbent must be detail oriented; take initiative; adaptable; work well with complexity & ambiguity; remain focused and composed in difficult situations; build strong relationships; work independently in a fast-paced environment, and exercise discretion while managing confidential information. You will organize correspondence, independently follow-up on action items, maintain files, and prepare correspondence and other documents.
- General correspondence and liaison with commercial and residential tenants, landlords, solicitors and other business professionals
- Liaison with insurance brokers to ensure adequate insurance coverage and renewals of policies including gathering of information and completion of the insurance renewal summary
- Preparation of tenant abstracts and diarizing of and following up on lease renewal dates
- Reviewing and dispersing incoming mail and deliveries where appropriate
- Maintenance of filing systems
- Tracking, following-up on action items and assigned tasks/projects for the executive and leadership team
- Scheduling and confirm appointments
- Conducting research, collecting and analyzing data to prepare reports and documents
- Other administrative tasks as required
Required Experience and Core Competencies
- A keen eye to detail and be able to produce accurate correspondence and documents in timely manner
- Must type a minimum of 60 WPM with accuracy and be able to transcribe from handwritten drafts or verbal dictation
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service mindset and ability to build and manage trusting relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient user of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work independently as well as comfortable in a team-based environment
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities and have good problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated business judgment, flexibility, initiative, creativity with a positive professional attitude and image
Knowledge of insurance principals and claims handling processes would be an asset and the ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience in real estate management, legal services (e.g., law office), or insurance industries.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)