Sessions Cannabis is seeking applicants for the role of Budtender/Delivery Driver at our brand-new store in Oshawa, Ontario. We are looking for dedicated individuals who understand the nuances of cannabis and are eager to enter this burgeoning industry.
Sessions Cannabis is a leading cannabis retailer with simple and relatable goals. It is our belief that cannabis is to be safe and accessible to everyone. We strive to support all aspects of the local community and seek to hire directly from the neighborhoods we affiliate with to add stable, fulfilling, and enjoyable employment to those communities.
Sessions Cannabis Budtender/Delivery Driver are customer service specialists as well Sessions brand ambassadors. Our team members are able to direct any type of customer to their desired product and experience.
The ideal Sessions employee is compassionate, responsible, and well-educated in cannabis. We are looking for individuals who can engage positively with their community and deliver excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
· Greet customers throughout the day in a friendly and welcoming manner
· Confidently represent the Sessions brand and ideals
· Educate customers on cannabis products and how to safely consume cannabis
· Facilitate the sale of regulated cannabis by discussing cannabis products and engaging customers in a variety of cannabis accessories
· Maintain up to date knowledge of new trends and products in the industry
· Effectively utilize a cannabis compliant POS system and cash register
· Organize, receive and categorize cannabis products and accessories
· Ensure the cleanliness of the store is maintained on a daily basis
· Check identification of customers who appear to be 35 years of age or under
· Abide by all company policies and procedures
· 3-5 years of experience in a retail setting is preferred
· Valid Cannsell Cannabis Retail Certification
· A clean criminal background check from local authorities
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Must be a team player
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
· Availability for shift work any time between 8:30am to 11:30pm, Monday to Sunday
· Basic skills in math and proficiency as a cashier
· Extensive knowledge of cannabis products and accessories is an asset
· Personal connection to the community is an asset
· Must be 19 years of age or older
· Must have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle
· Must be willing to make deliveries
For more information about Sessions Cannabis, check out our website at www.sessions.ca. If this exciting new opportunity is of interest to you please submit a cover letter and resume. We thank you for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Joint Venture Shoppe (a Sessions Cannabis Franchisee) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based upon merit, performance and the needs of the business. We value diversity and encourage all who meet the job’s qualifications to apply and join the Sessions team!
The Joint Venture Shoppe will make every effort to accommodate candidates needs through the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process, please let us know.
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00-$16.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
COVID-19 considerations: Masks required for all employees & customers, temperature checks, curb-side pick-up, delivery, social distancing, contactless payments, hand sanitizer, regular COVID cleanings, hourly cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Cannsell certificate (preferred)
- driver's license and personal vehicle (preferred)