Hiring for a Barista who can work mornings preferably with opening availability. Shifts can be flexible depending on your availability. Looking primarily for opening baristas (start time is as early as 4:30AM)
(Please note that transit-reliance will inhibit you from arriving on time for an opening shift)
We are looking for someone who has interest to DEVELOP within Starbucks - Start as a Barista but has interest in moving into the Shift Supervisor role!
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others. Our Baristas personally connect with, laugh with and uplift the lives of our customers. Their work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made beverage; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer. They enjoy being able to achieve these aspirations autonomously, while representing a world class brand and the perks that come from being a partner at Starbucks!
This job is for YOU, if you have:
- An ability to create a genuine moment of connection with our guests - making a difference in their day by discovering and responding to their needs through clear and pleasant communication.
- A willingness to learn- using a mix of online learning, classroom training and hands on mentorship, you will learn how to prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized with handcrafted love for your guests. Some examples of customization would include recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substitutions.
- Eagerness to develop yourself and your peers as you embark on a career path with the largest and most reputable coffee business on the planet.
- NOTE: No previous experience required
Some of the Perks from working at Starbucks
- Comprehensive training (including coffee knowledge!)
- Coffee or Tea “Markout” is a pound of coffee or box of tea each week
- Discounts with local and national retailers (cell phones, gym memberships, entertainment tickets, hotels, etc.)
- Flexible work schedules (20 hours a week) can be flexible with school schedules
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision for part-time employees
- RRSP Matching and Stock options for all Partners
- Employee discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise
- Great long term career opportunities in management
We have many locations in East Vancouver that are hiring. Looking forward to meeting all qualified applicants!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $13.55-$17.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
PPE equipment provided and plexi-barriers installed. Training for sanitation
- Remote interview process
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place