Senior Accounting Clerk
An industrial company is seeking a fiscally responsible and versatile senior accounting clerk based in our Edmonton office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of financial reporting, managing day to day accounting functions and other projects. We are seeking a team-oriented individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with 5+ years of accounting/financial experience. The individual should be comfortable communicating and interacting with management, sales teams, and operational staff. He/she must be very detail oriented, enjoy working in a fast paced environment and completing a variety of tasks in a timely manner. This full-time position has growth opportunities, a competitive compensation package, and medical/dental benefits.
The company supplies products to various sectors including construction, mining, and agriculture. The company has been in business for more than 30 years and focuses on supply and distribution.
As the senior accounting clerk, your primary function will be to ensure accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial statements, preparation of reports, and day-to-day operations of the accounting needs in the Company.
- Preparation of accurate monthly financial reports
- Administer and manage general ledger, payroll, AP, and AR
- Accurate maintenance of Accounting and related Administrative files
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of ERP system
- Post Secondary Education or Equivalent experience in Accounting
- Minimum 3-5+ years of direct accounting experience
- Advance skill in Excel ; Moderate skill is Power point
- Strong accounting and analytical abilities in conjunction with accurate timely reporting
- Proven process improvement experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Experience in a project-work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Application deadline: 2021-08-15
Expected start date: 2021-08-02
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking