StarFish Medical, is searching for a detail-oriented Assembly & Service Technician to support our manufacturing team in VIctoria, BC, in the assembly, testing, documentation and servicing for a wide range of ground-breaking, leading-edge medical devices. The Assembly & Service Technician will report directly to the Production and Service Team Lead.
- Providing mechanical and electrical assembly in accordance to company procedures; which will require the use of adhesives, soldering irons, and various tools within the facility.
- Inspect incoming materials in accordance with items masters and company quality systems.
- Liaise with product development to implement design changes and new products into manufacturing.
- Document NCR’s, RMA’s and product history in accordance with the company’s quality systems.
- Assess and service products in-house or in the fields according to company procedures.
- Follow all company health and safety policies and requirements including usage, care and storage of personal protective equipment.
- Provide support to other areas of the company including, but not limited to, QA, Product Development and Supply Chain.
- Diploma in manufacturing or engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience with mechanical assembly, electronic assembly and system troubleshooting.
- The ability to read and understand electronic and mechanical drawings, BOMs and technical work instructions
- An understanding of ISO Quality Systems
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft), experience with SharePoint and MRP software and asset.
If you describe yourself as a thoughtful, creative problem solver who can think outside the box while playing within the lines, then you will be most suited to this role. If the idea of developing leading edge products in the medical device field intrigues you, we know you will find the Starfish compensation package competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish teams work in energizing, purpose-designed facilities with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets and customers. Expand your career and industry experience while fostering relationships with our top-tier medical technology clients, all while working on cutting edge projects that range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
You will be working in beautiful Victoria, BC where visitors are immediately met with a smile and open concept offices. The working environment is filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
If this is the type of collegial and supportive environment you strive to be a part of, and you love to support the development of innovative medical products working, then we encourage you to read on!
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and covering letter that includes your salary expectations, and describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent