Position: Trimming Supervisor
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Location: Calgary, AB
Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Trimming Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and delegating activities to the trim team during scheduled harvests. The ideal candidate is personable and possesses leadership qualities to effectively manage a team of shift workers to ensure responsibilities are executed safely and successfully while maintaining a craft-cannabis quality. If you have prior experience overseeing teams, enjoy building efficiencies with repetitive and tedious tasks, and are passionate about the exciting cannabis industry, this is the position for you!
About Bloom Cultivation Ltd.
Bloom Cultivation Ltd. is a licensed producer located in Calgary, Alberta. Our recreational cannabis brand is OGEN. We choose to cultivate small-batch, craft cannabis to deliver a high-end, dried flower product of exceptional quality. We work as a team and are proud to grow in a world-class indoor hydroponic facility.
STREET: we honour the pioneers before us. Without them, the landrace strains would be extinct and new hybrids would not exist. We follow in their footsteps, to maintain the art of cultivation.
SCIENCE: we are forward thinkers, inspired by science, technology and data. We continuously improve our processes by hypothesizing, gathering data, and applying our knowledge. It helps us cultivate consistently and safely to meet the strict cannabis regulations.
QUALITY: we are connoisseurs, not mass producers. We select the best genetics and we pheno-hunt. We take the time to hang-dry, hand-trim and slow cure our cannabis. Our expectations are high because we demand top quality for our customers and ourselves.
HUMILITY: with every new challenge we find a better way, we push the boundaries and we don’t give up.
COMMUNITY: we are proud to be local and we share the entrepreneurial spirit of Alberta. We believe in the craft movement, an appreciation of how things are carefully made. We support and embrace our diverse community.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Trimming Supervisor is a new position created to support the growing needs of the company to oversee and delegate trimming activities during harvest cycles. The selected candidate’s duties and responsibilities will include the following objectives:
- Abide by company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Form’s, and Work Instructions (WI’s)
- Understand and implement protocols outlined in Bloom’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Strictly adhere to hygiene and sanitization policies as set by the company and Health Canada
- Promote and ensure safe work conditions and enforce company Health and Safety policies
- Supervise and support all trimming activities including delegating daily tasks to a team of trimmers
- Maintain clean and sanitized Production areas including all equipment, supplies and trim rooms
- Communicate with the Director of Operations to ensure production schedules are aligned with other departments, and administer training programs for the trim team to ensure successful onboarding and orientation for staff
- Implement Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Good Production Practices (GPP) protocols
- Establish manpower requirements to meet production schedules
- Organize and communicate effectively with department managers, supervisors, and employees to meet company goals, mediate employee concerns, and resolve disputes
- Direct, train and mentor the trim team to build efficiencies and cohesion and ensure scheduled tasks are completed and documented
- Maintain trimming equipment, document preventative maintenance activities, and ensure spare parts are kept in inventory to resolve foreseen matters
- Schedule staff vacations and absences and ensure there no conflicts
- Perform other related duties as assigned, based on organization needs
- Successfully pass a criminal record check, credit check, and other security-related requirements
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possess a post-secondary education in any relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience supervising and leading a team of shift workers
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment under high pressure, prioritize tasks, and direct the trim team to beat competing priorities and deadlines
- Require strict standards for high-quality cannabis products and drive continuous improvements within the department
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office suites
- Leadership qualities are necessary to succeed in this position
- Must have good interpersonal skills to maintain effective work relationships
- Must possess a high level of problem-solving abilities and remain calm in all circumstances
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure correct documentation and traceability
- Excellent organization and attention to detail skills
- Previous experience in a cannabis, manufacturing or pharmaceutical facility
- Previous experience in horticulture and/or cannabis plants
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Perform duties in rooms that are subject to cool temperature conditions (15°C)
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to perform production tasks
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of quality product
- Must be able to stand/sit for extended periods of time and be able to lift loads up to 30lbs
How to Apply
If this position sounds like the right fit and opportunity for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to hr @bloom.ca with “Trimming Supervisor” in the subject line. Your cover letter should address the following qualification questions:
- Would you successfully pass a criminal background check and security-related requirements?
- Describe your previous supervisory experience and how your skills would contribute to this role.
- How do you resolve conflict within your team?
- What level of understanding do you have with SOPs, QMS, and record documentation?
- Why do you want to work for Bloom Cultivation Ltd.?
- How did you hear about this position?
Stay Connected to Us
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram for the latest news and job postings
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Required)
- English (Preferred)