At UNFI Canada, we have a passion for the planet and see the big picture- doing what's right for people and the earth. We embrace change to discover what's next... and that is recruiting for new talent such as yourself!
We bring healthier food options to people every day, and our team is driving these efforts to promote a healthier lifestyle best suited for you!
New Routes can take us anywhere, and that is discovering YOU to come on board to join us at UNFI Canada!
As an associate of UNFI, you will have the opportunity to bring healthier food options to more plates across the country.
SHIFT: Tuesday-Friday; 6:00am-5:00pmm.
Responsible for driving a UNFI vehicle safely and delivering products to customers. Loads and unloads the truck in a safe and timely manner according to UNFI procedures. Minimizes delays and reports problems. Picks up supplies and back-hauls from vendors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Performs pre and post trip inspections of vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures.
- Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Delivers and unloads products utilizing equipment including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars and other devices which assist delivery.
- Verifies piece count, leaves the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures and store stamps (when applicable) on delivery documents.
- Operates vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public.
- Reports any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager.
- Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Reports any defects promptly to the Transportation Manager.
- Picks up supplies and back hauls from vendors. Completes related paperwork.
- Addresses and resolves customer problems as appropriate.
- Attends mandatory drivers meetings, training or administrative sessions as required.
- Maintains the Company’s professional reputation to customers, the public and company employees.
- Performs duties in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures appropriate for location.
- Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
- Prefer minimum of 2-3 years verified experience operating a truck(s) similar in size to the truck(s) that will be driven in the role.
- Clean driving abstract.
- System implementation experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Must possess a valid and provincially appropriate driver’s license for the vehicle(s) being driven.
- Knowledge of provincially specific transportation and driving laws and mandates.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Good math skills.
- Solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong computer skills.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- Employment Reference Check
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- DZ Driver: 3 years (Required)