Job Inventory - Customer Service Representative 2
Competition posting date:
Competition closing date:
Recreation, Cultural & Facility Services Department, Community Recreation & Cultural Programs, Museums
& Heritage Programs Branch
1 or More Part-Time Continuous Positions - Up to 24 hours per week
CUPE 503 PT RC & Aquatics
$14.280 to $14.816 per hour (2019 rates of pay)
2940 Old Montreal Road, 2100 Cabot Street, 6 Rowley Avenue, 270 Pinhey Point Road
Flexible shifts to meet operational needs; weekday and weekend shifts available. Evening and night shifts
Mid-May to last weekend in October:
Wed to Sun 8:30 am to 1am (2 to 8hr shifts)
Last week in November to December 23:
Daytime and Evening (2-8hr shifts)
December 24 to mid-April:
Maximum of 24 hours/week
Cumberland Heritage Village Museum is located in east Ottawa. The museum presents rural life during
the1920s and 1930s, a period of great technological advances and social change. There are 30 historic and
reproduction buildings including domestic homes, an operational sawmill and blacksmith shop; vegetable,
flower and herb gardens; agricultural fields, machinery and equipment, and heritage breed farm animals.
Staff will be required to work outside and inside.
There are no public transportation links to the site. Reliable transportation is required.
Recreation and Culture
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing support to the Recreation Facility(s) or
programs assigned in functional areas of cash management, clerical/administrative support, technical duties,
programme registration and information, program support, general supervision, and quality service to our
Education & Experience
Grade 11 minimum
1 year of experience in an administrative role and working with the public
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Some locations may require French
Current Standard First Aid/CPR "C" certification
Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certification
AODA Accessibility Training
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit
- Demonstrated expertise with computers and an ability to develop a comprehensive understanding and
expertise with corporate software applications required (Word, Excel, Presentations, Class, Electronic
Cash Management Systems, Microsoft Outlook)
- Office and administrative procedures
- Word processing skills.
- Highly developed and effective communication and customer service skills.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making and judgement.
- Able to format documents in various software programs.
- Set up and maintain records and information management systems, hard copy and electronic.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team setting and independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with a wide diversity of people.
- Understanding of cash management and process systems.
- Problem- solving skills.
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply"
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.