Customer Support Representative, Part-Time
Solink is a different kind of data analytics software company. We’ve successfully made surveillance video a source of powerful insight for business owners of franchise and retail chains. We focus on security applications that combat fraud proactively and make it easier for owners to track down problems. Today we focus on loss prevention and in the future, we see every department using video to make data-driven decisions: marketing, operations, even HR.
A job at Solink means working with an amazing team and tackling one of the biggest data problems out there. We are venture backed and focus on continuous execution to delight our customers. We have a creative and collaborative work environment, and all of our employees have meaningful equity in the company.
A bit about the role…
We’re looking for positive solutions-based problem solvers who can think on their feet, deliver high-quality customer service with patience & empathy, who are hungry to improve on the status quo. As a key member of our Customer Support team, you will manage relationships with our customers and ensure they're happy with the Solink product and services. This is a customer-facing role so we're looking for employees with exceptional communication skills and people that we can “hear” their smiles on the other end of the phone. Are you a people person who enjoys helping others and solving problems?
WHO YOU ARE:
You have experience in a customer service position - retail, fast-food, or other similar experiences are great!
- You have a proven ability to take complete ownership of problems from identification through to resolution.
- You have Top-Notch Communication both written and verbal in English.
- You have the ability to work independently or within a team, to support our customers around the world!
- You have good technical analysis and troubleshooting skills (knowledge of Linux, and programming languages definitely helps, but not needed).
- You are a true “PEOPLE' person - you are determined to help them solve problems.
- Have a friendly attitude where customers can hear your smile through the phone or over chat.
- You are open and willing to learn! Our Product is always changing, and you are someone who likes to stay up to date on changes to our products.
- You are comfortable using G-Suite, MS Office, and other similar programs.
Bonus if you….
- Are bilingual (Written, Read, Spoken) in French and/or Spanish!
- Have previous experience working in a technical support or working for a help desk.
- Have experience with Zendesk or a formal ticketing system
Candidates must undergo a criminal records check upon hire;
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included), or eligible to work in Canada;
- Be willing to comply with Solink’s own security policies and standards.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Provide SUPERB customer support and troubleshooting for any issues that they have and relay to appropriate internal teams as required.
- Manage and resolve tickets using email, phone and live chat, through our internal ticketing systems (Zendesk, Jira, Confluence).
- Be solutions-minded and collaborate with internal teams to address obstacles
- Collect and communicate bugs, issues, feedback from customers to the relevant internal teams (Product, QA, etc)
- Above all, empathize with the customer, do everything you can to make their experience with Solink exceptional
- Work on a rotational basis to cover the operating hours of the customer support team (Days, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays).
WHAT IS SOLINK?
Solink is transforming conventional data into ‘smart’ data. Solink connects and synchronizes brick-and-mortar business systems like video + Point of Sale data, to create insight into loss prevention, security, and operations issues. We find new and powerful ways for businesses to get real value from the data and footage created daily by their standard systems.
We’re one of Ottawa’s fastest-growing companies. We're not just a tech and security company - we are rapidly evolving the way that we use and think about video security, data analytics and technology. We're enhancing the status quo to positively impact clients and customers' businesses.
We’re on a steep growth trajectory, which means lots to do, lots to learn, and lots to experience! What an exciting adventure ahead - and our Solinkians make the greatest travel companions…
Solink thrives because of our team; we know that in our business and in our daily work, people make all the difference. We’re looking for people who are driven by curiosity, hungry to innovate and striving to make an impact.
WHY WORK AT SOLINK?
Working with us means you’ll be working for a company that values your input and allows you to bring your ideas to life. We offer a collaborative, creative, supportive work environment with a culture that is undeniably fun…
All that - PLUS we offer…..
Flexibility in your chosen hours of work by helping you get "stuff" done (encourages that work life balance);
- Opportunities for growth based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Friendly, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration;
- Creative and innovative environment that mentors, supports, motivates and inspires you to make an impact;
- Interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size, type and complexity;
- An “open-door” policy where communication and brainstorming is encouraged;
- A really positive and fun environment working with an incredibly ENERGETIC team;
- Monthly reimbursement toward a health and wellness;
- Extracurricular SOLINKIAN social events (annual “solink-o de mayo”, so-learns, sports teams, so-lunches, team builders, and much more)
- Please note: We currently operate within a hybrid model, with an in-office requirement of 2 days a week.
We know that everyone has different experiences and that’s what makes all of us so unique. Solink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re looking at building our team of great people and we know that comes in various forms. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment and we encourage all candidates with interest to apply. We will provide accommodation on request through all parts of the selection process.
Solink welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Should you need accommodations, please email [email protected].
HOW TO APPLY?
Cover letters are great, but we see a lot of them so we’re going to spice it up. Since a big part of this role will be helping customers troubleshoot, we’re looking for people with great written and verbal communication skills. In your cover letter, we want you to tackle the following challenge:
- Explain step by step how to use a piece of tech that improves your life, and then explain its value.