Nuance has excellent career opportunities available now. We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude and a desire to work independently. We have immediate openings for experienced acute care transcriptionists.
Multiple positions available! Work from home anywhere in Canada Positions require a minimum of commitment of 3000 converted lines per week. Compensation is based on quality of work, and amount of work produced. Successful candidates must be able to maintain a 99% Quality Accuracy with less than 5% of their work sent through to Quality Control.
Nuance Position Requirements
- A minimum of 1 year of current full-time work experience doing medical transcription for acute care facilities, preferably with 50 or more beds.; or be a recent graduate of a medical transcription course
- Experience with the 4 major work types is (History & Physicals, Operative Notes, Consults and Discharge Summaries)
- Ability to reach and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Experience working with English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) dictators is required
- Candidates must have access to high-speed Internet (DSL, Cable, or fiber optic connection)
- Experience relevant to the position must be within the last 3 years Candidates must provide their own computer (we will supply the foot pedal). Computer specifications vary based on platform, but we are compatible with Windows 7- Windows 10. Compatible MS Word versions 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013 & 2016. These must be full licensed version (no trial, starter or academic versions) Overview: Medical language specialist who interprets and transcribes dictation by physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding patient assessment, workup, therapeutic procedures, clinical course, diagnosis, prognosis, etc., in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services.
- Transcribe medical dictation utilizing proprietary software and compatible foot pedal.
- Transcription to include acute care, and some specialties.
- Recognizes, interprets, and evaluates inconsistencies, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in medical dictation, and appropriately documents.
- Flags reports requiring the attention QA staff.
- Uses reference materials appropriately and efficiently to facilitate the accuracy, clarity, and completeness of reports.
- Meets quality and productivity standards and deadlines established by employer.
- Verifies patient information for accuracy and completeness.
- Formats reports according to established guidelines.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the medicolegal implications and responsibilities related to the transcription of patient records.
Understands and complies with policies and procedures related medicolegal matters, including confidentiality, release of information, medical records as legal evidence, etc.
Job Type: Contract
- medical transc: 1 year (Required)