Who are we?
Our vision is to change the way the world views productivity. We want Function Point to be a place where everyone feels respected; where they are doing important work and where everyone contributes to the growth and direction of our company, our customers and our community.
We enjoy flexible hours, a work-at-home-day option, personal health days, benefits, a professional development budget and if you check out our hiring video, you will see we like to have some fun.
Who are you?
A passionate Software Tester looking to make an immediate contribution to our team by continuously improving testing efficiency and operations of Function Points system infrastructure. Someone who loves to work alongside developers and designers to ensure delivery of expected functionality and continuous availability of the Function Point applications to the company’s clients.
In this role, you will need to:
- Design and develop test strategies and test plans with well-defined and reusable test
- Develop and execute automated test scripts for new feature enhancement
- Execute test plans to correctly measure implementation quality
- Assist in resolution of production issues
- Develop/improve regression test suite
- Participate in business requirements and functional specifications reviews early in the development lifecycle process
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience in software development and software quality assurance
- Experience using a framework for automating tests for front end and API
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Proficient in writing comprehensive test plans
- Experience in Agile / scrum methodologies
- Test management tools (e.g. Jira, TestRail)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Scripting/programming using bash, and/or python
Our Core Values of Happy, Hungry and Humble are fundamental to everything we do. They are the basis of what drives us to get out of bed, do great work and get home to our family. Life is a journey and we are fully present.
We are Happy, Hungry & Humble:
Happy : We are happy to come to work, excited about going home.
Hungry : We are hungry to learn, to grow and to succeed with our goals.
Humble : We are generous with our time and recognize that there is always more to learn.
Do you picture yourself in this environment?
All set to Apply?
Introduce yourself by telling us why this Software Tester opportunity will fit your ambitions and how you can make a contribution to the future growth of our business.
Your inquiry is in complete confidence.
Job Type: Full-time
Must be eligible to work in Canada
Job Type: Full-time
- Automated Testing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)